What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annual Utricularia

Has anyone had the experience of growing these? I currently have a passionate interest in these plants and will be looking for seed shortly. Please PM me if you know any good sources. My own experience has so far been less than satisfactory. When I was 18 I got seed from Martin Cheek (he later became the curator of Kew Gardens in the UK) of Utricularia dunlopii which I grew and flowered without a bit of effort. Has never happened since. I'm interested in how others germinate seed. I just wrote to Phill Mann asking about this subject and will share any input I get back. Also, would love to see any photos of these rarities.

I had never heard of that species before, so I went and looked at pictures and all I can say is WOW! Those are amazing! Do they self easily? I may have to put myself on a similar quest to obtain some seeds or plants...

Cool looking flowers, though!

have been trying to find out if U. reticulata is an obligate annual. But nobody seems to have it

i've heard U. reticulata is an annual, but dont know if it's obligate. i also want to have a try at U. menziesii.

question of the day: if you prevent the plant from blooming, will it continue to grow? or will it still die?

Back