What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alaskan in Oregon rediscovering the fever.

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
Hey everybody,

I'm an 18 year old unemployed kid more or less straight out of high school. I just recently moved to Portland Oregon in order to be in close proximity with my higher achieving girlfriend who attends college here. Anyway, I have always had an obsession with carnivorous plants since I was about 7. When I was around that age I had a moderate sized collection going on that encompassed most of the genus's. Being young and full of excitement I didn't have the dedication to grow the delicate plants and my collection slowly died over a period of years.

But it seems that now that I am in the lower fourty eight, I am filled with the carnivorous plant obsession again! This is both a good and a bad thing as it gives things for me to do with my time, but I might build up a collection with no feasible way to transport it from my only temporary home!

Oh well. I am most into the Nepenthes Genus, but I have a wide love for all carnivorous plants, and my ultimate goal is to get one of each kind including Tryphyophyllum!

Anyway that's my story.

Welcome to TF!

Wow, how many growers here are located in Oregon?

Welcome to TF!

Hi! Welcome to TF!

Jeff, there's D_Muscipula, Seedjar....*Mind goes blank*

Wow, how many growers here are located in Oregon?

Welcome to TF!

I am in Eugene myself, been growing for about 6 years but all while I was living in Utah, just starting my collection in Oregon :)

Back