What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You specified a tag that was too long. A tag can only be 25 characters.

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I don't get why I can't post pictures. All I do is copy and paste the IMG code from my Photobucket.

thats all i do and it seems to work , Hm wonder what is going on ?

That is a warning when you put something longer than 25 characters in the TAG spot which is directly under the new thread creation input box...

Tags
Separate tags using a comma.

Your not putting your URL or something in that box are you?

In Layman's terms (English):

Photobucket has the following "addresses" to pick from:

Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML Code
IMG Code

Apparently you are picking one of these (for a picture) and it isn't working...
If the Direct Link "address" doesn't work.... try HTML Code "address".
That should do it!

Oh, and remember to chose the "Insert Image" icon:
insertimage.gif

on the TF Message choice to insert it properly.

Good Luck! :-D

(Oh yea! It is either what I mentioned above, or perhaps Andrew locked you out from posting pics, to mess with your head!)
And remember to VOTE Pepsi for Meadowview! That'll get you on everyone's good side! (I did!)

Last edited:
All you have to do is paste the "img code" snippet into the message body. No need to use the button/icon. But jimscott knows that already.

Yeah, all I did was choose the IMD Code. If I was doing something obtuse I sure didn't notice anything. So I disbanded the topic and started over again. I did nothing perceptibly different and voila... it worked. Go figure...

If you are in the New post body to type up your message, and accidentally hit tab, then pasted... It would put something into that TAG space I was talking about. That's my guess... You didn't notice you had pasted something there. Either way, glad it started working for you ;)
Andrew

I'll go with unintentional "operator error" on my part!

Back