What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yipee Grapes

• Thread starter chibae
  • Start date

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
No Pics yet, have one more trellis wire to string, one more plant to get and the from part of the fencing to put up, along with a gate. But my mini vineyard is in. Pics to follow soon.

That's cool. What types of grapes are you growing? Are they for eating, or wine (or both)?

They are mostly for eating. I am the only grape wine lover in my house. We usually do mead and hard cider when we "brew". I am waiting to get one vine of my fav wine grape, scuppernong, to use for jams for myself. The varieties cover early, mid season and late; along with three different colors. I have multiple vines of Niagara, Interlaken and Reliance

Last edited:
grapes.jpggrapes.jpg

Scuppernongs and Muscadines are some of my favorite native type grapes!
Looks like a nice setup you've got going. How long till you're up and running?

Very kewl!

Scuppernongs and Muscadines are some of my favorite native type grapes!
Looks like a nice setup you've got going. How long till you're up and running?
I am up and running, one of the reliance vines actually has grapes on it. Wires are now totally up, just need to finish the front fence before fall, that is the only time we have deer around. probably won't get my scuppernong vine until next year, if I order now. They sell quickly. I actually, when we were close by anyways, made a pilgrimage to see the "Mother Vine" that started the North Carolina Scuppernong wine industry.

Would you be making sweet or dry wines with those?

Would you be making sweet or dry wines with those?
Sweet..but they are good table grapes and both the niagra and Interlaken make halfway decent ice wine. It will take some ingenuity for that at home.

Love ice wines! Pricey, though.

Back