What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

windy!!!!!!!

• Thread starter fc3srx713b
  • Start date
man tonight is windy! i had to move some of my neps inside...
smile_h_32.gif

OK,ok....then start with ajah firist and then with villosa.
I don't think that IN SWEDEN there will be high temperatures PROBLEMS!
smile.gif

So,leave it out to sun shine even in summer,don't worry.
Here in Milan ( Italy) it can be really hot!
Bye!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Mr aga I think u posted this in the wrong topic :p

I have answered in the other topic ;)

Haha
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Nov. 27 2005,10:03)]Whats the point of this topic?
smile_l_32.gif
nepenthes gracilis.... *sigh*
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

just wanted so see if a couple of my friends here were experiencing what i was going through last night. and of couse that will be your first thought....well because you live in the east coast so it really isnt fair...
smile_m_32.gif

I told you man, wach out for them Sanna Anna winds! Their vicious! Not to mention they've brought a wind advisory and fire weather advisory today and tommorrow.

Yeah, try to deal with heating costs. You don't run a greenhouse in the winter.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i had to move some of my neps inside...

I've never been able to say that up here.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Nov. 28 2005,12:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i had to move some of my neps inside...  

I've never been able to say that up here.
the winds were very very strong! a couple of tress came down...
hey lol,
how fast were the winds?

That wasn't the point, point was its too darned cold to put Nepenthes outside here in NY year round. But I would expect that from someone living in a very warm place nearly year-round....probably have never seen a snowflake.

laugh.gif
but some light frost.... but nothing compared to what you have...

windy here as well, just eaten a full tin of baked beans.

Try 140 mile per hour wind! The data came in...our area (Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Deerfield) were hit with the hardest winds Wilma had to deliver while over Florida. Why? A feeder band on the south side of Wilma gained strength over the warm waters of Lake Okeechobee. As the eye moved off Florida and into the Atlantic, this feeder band swept in a counter clockwise motion, in an arc, from the Lake into the Deerfield-Boca Raton area. According to meteorologists, it was the highest winds recorded while the storm was over Florida. Ouch!
High winds can dissicate your Neps. The lids go first.

picture this: you holding a gold leaf near your nostril and you beathing normaly... now notice the movement of the gold leaf

that was how my truncata was flapping in the wind we had. but nothing comared to what tren described... yikes!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Yes it was really windy here! And right now it's raining too!

Hm, we're getting out first real day of rain since the freak couple of weeks early this summer. Quite a bit of wind, though! I wanna try to leave things alone as much as possible and see how it turns out. I don't want to have to move all of my plants every time I suspect it might get windy. If anything, I'll move them in to the garage for the entire winter if it seems like we're going to get a particularly harsh one.

Yup, it rained pretty hard here today too. It was a windy rain. It made several of the Venus Flytrap leaves snap off too.

my rajah is the only one that seems to enjoy this 48F weather(took some readings past few days). havent seen too much wind but should pic up pretty soon! thoes santa ana winds!
mad.gif

Back