What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will broken sarracenia buds come back?

I have about five sarracenias that I have had for a few years but this season I wanted to add two more to the family. I got a Leah Wilkerson and a Reptilian Rose. Both arrived today with healthy rhizomes (medium sized) but unfortunately both flower stalks broke off during transit. They were only 2" tall but I'm wondering if I can expect another to regrow this spring or if that was it?

Sarracenia actually tend to produce the flower buds in fall, and then they emerge from the dormant bud in spring; unless the plant intended to produce a second anyway, you probably won't see another flower from those growth points.

Darn. I figured I wouldn't be getting any more but it was worth asking. At least their first year in these pots will be devoted more to growth instead of flower production.

Back