What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

which should be getting higher humidity?

The humidity around the water tray isn't what I was hoping. currently looking at 69f/37%rh where the pots are. I do have a spare 5g tank that you can see just to the right of the plants...should I place some of these in there?

closeups and idents here

img2683iw3.jpg

img2665er0.jpg

37% sounds good to me, at least if you're not growing any Neps, which you only seem to have one of if that is one in the lower left. Even so, with some adjusting, it should be ok. I'd suggest another fixture, as well.

-Ben

For the most part, there should be enough "local" humidtityfor them. Neps and Petiolaris Complex sundews would like more humidity. The setup is just fine without trying to up the humidity. Then you'd have to be dealing with mold.

I would strongly suggest another fixture as well.

well, not to "overrule" your advice, high humdity is fine if you vent it everyonce and awhile or have a fan, etc..

with a handful of exceptions you generally run into more problems with to much humidity than not enough..............a couple winters ago my house was dry enough that i was having sinus problems and had bloddy noses regularly.............my plants did just fine in open trays(my Neps were in a humidity tent except for one Ventrata that was pitchering happily in the 15-20% humidity)

Thanks for the advice all, new fixture it is

Back