What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whats your favorite nep?

• Thread starter Ant
  • Start date
Hmm... the favorite that I've got is probably N. lowii, spec. x vietchii, chaniana x vietchii, or eymae. None of them are doing anything really interesting or impressive at the moment, though. My "favorite" in-collection probably has to go to my N. sanguinea and alata x ( alata x ventricosa ), which are both showing adult traits for the first season ever. My N. ventricosa x inermis is also looking pretty svelte as of late.
My all-time favorite is probably N. sibuyanensis or peltata. If N. aristolochioides were a tiny bit easier, it'd probably be that or a hybrid with it.
~Joe

the better question is, is their a nep you dont care for? i like em all

N pervillei

I have way too many favorites... which is a problem because I can't seem to stop buying plants lol.

Spectabilis x Talangensis xx Northiana x Veitchii
SpecxTalangxxNorthxVeitchiiArrival.jpg

Spectabilis x Veitchii
SpecxVeitchiiPitchersArrival.jpg

I do really like Edwardsiana, but for now I can only hope to own one. Burbidgeae is also one of my favorites, as the coloration is just phenomenal. I can't forget Hamata either... I currently have 4 more on the way, 2 of which are the seed grown from BE.

Daniel

Hybrid: spectabilis x veitchii or TM
Owned: tentaculata, lowii, or sanguinea orange
Pure: tough to say. hurrelliana(probably killed that spelling) is pretty kick *** and so is edwardsiana. inermis and clipeata are pretty cool too!
All time: even harder to say.... hurrelliana!

Alex

Hybrid: I just shake my head everytime that I see the Nepenthes x [spectabilis x veitchii] here: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/klrplntsgy/1-22.jpg but not quite as much as I do when I see the N harryana at http://www.cpukforum.co.uk/uploader/user_uploads/N-x-harryana-3868.jpg

Owned: bicalcarata

Pure: Lowland-bicalcarata
Highland:geez, that's tough. Probably one of the toothed trilogy (hamata, villosa or edwardsiana). I'd add macrophylla to that, but then the alliteration of "toothed trilogy" would be gone. I should add that I really like truncatas as well.

All time: not sure. I was thrilled to finally order a truncata recently, but I have been floored recently by plants such as Nepenthes hurrelliana and really really want a Viking. I think that I'll have to pass on finalizing an answer for this category although edwardsiana is so freakin' high on the list of finalist that it could be the winner.

My fav species switches regularly from Aristolochiodes, Lowii, Ephippiata, Eyemae, Truncata, Hamata, Edwardsiana, and Ventricosa (don't laugh--Really easy, really nice red pitchers. I don't care how common it is;)).

My favorite hybrid: I really like Sabre 'Dark Cherry,' but I probably couldn't grow that. I guess my real favorite would have to be lowii x Truncata.
The best in my collection: Eyemae, Truncata, and ventricosa. They all perform really well.

My favorite is N. x medusa. Unfortunately, mine died while I was out of town. It dried up really fast under my high-intensity growlights.

My favorite is N. x medusa. Unfortunately, mine died while I was out of town. It dried up really fast under my high-intensity growlights.

Now you can get another one!

xvart.

My favorite hybrid: I really like Sabre 'Dark Cherry,' but I probably couldn't grow that. .

I've been growing a vent x tm for about one year and I cna't say its been difficult. It started off alittle slow but now its been pitchering like a crazy ant. I say give one a try.

Well I had a Sabre before, but it never did anything for me because of lighting. I might give it another shot if I move into a sunny spot next year but we'll see.

Hybrid: Lowii x Truncata

Owned: Spectabilis

Pure: Burbidgeae

All time fav: Spectabilis

Hahaha, I was just looking at everybody elses, and DM and I have a lot in common. haha

Last edited:
well... I dont have too many Nepethes on my collection but my favorite one is:

N. Ampullaria

it's not a exotic mix, or a hard to grow variety or have amazing colors on the pitchers or nothing special... but at less for me its my favorite due sentimental value.

Back