What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats wrong with this picture?

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
This picture is off of a GE website.

0.3AD6!OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif

the prey looks funny

and the thing that attaches the "mouth" to the "leaf" is in the center?

Its attracting mosquitos and the leaf-trap connection is expanded lol.

Why was this on a GE website?
~Joe

That is a pure gem. I would've died had I stumbled across that.

xvart.

I don't see why they didn't just finish the job and draw on some googly-eyes.

Like Nepenthes_AK said: the petiole joins the trap leaf in the wrong place :suspect:

grinning-smiley-017.gif
spring leaves and a open tussue-culture vial. and soooo much else

yes the petioles join the trap in the wrong place.

the trap that does have prey in it is also rolled around the prey and not compressed on it.
It's attracting mosquitoes, the petioles are too long and the bases of the traps go down to a fine point.

.......am I right?

wait the vile isnt even open, he cap's still on.

Add to list: Leaves coming out of plastic

I'd say that the problem is the leaves are cut and stuck in some bud-vase type thing as if the flytraps are flowers. :(

Nothing like encouraging people to cut a few flytraps leaves to put in a vase because they'll look cute and catch flies. :censor:

You all are way too hyper :poke:. It is just a stylized drawing to "enhance" the product. Go to the parent site and you will see this nice little description with it:

The Trap platform—reproducible protein sample preparation focused on the application for which the samples are being prepared.

Those little things it is catching are not mosquitoes, they are stylized representations of protiens, the alpha-helix being quite characteristic. It is not in a vase, it is in a sample tube. And the caps are rather uniquely designed so that you can pipette in and out without having to pop it open so there is no chance of spilling your sample (which is usually measured in microlitres. =0.000001 litres).

So in short there is nothing "wrong" with it since it is not meant to represent a VFT for the eyes of CPers. It is not a matter of "accuracy" to life. It is just meant to be cool looking for us dork scientists who want to think there is more going on with a reaction than electro-affinity binding to resin beads.

Funny, I have seen that thing numerous times since I work with Amersham products and I never figured anyone would be interested in it. Then Barry goes and posts on listserv and now Ozzy here. I should have done it months ago.

Last edited:
elector-affinity binding to resin beads?!

EUREKA!

Withdraws to the basement...

You all are way too hyper :poke:. It is just a stylized drawing to "enhance" the product. Go to the parent site and you will see this nice little description with it:

Those little things it is catching are not mosquitoes, they are stylized representations of protiens, the alpha-helix being quite characteristic. It is not in a vase, it is in a sample tube. And the caps are rather uniquely designed so that you can pipette in and out without having to pop it open so there is no chance of spilling your sample (which is usually measured in microlitres. =0.000001 litres).

So in short there is nothing "wrong" with it since it is not meant to represent a VFT for the eyes of CPers. It is not a matter of "accuracy" to life. It is just meant to be cool looking for us dork scientists who want to think there is more going on with a reaction than elector-affinity binding to resin beads.

Funny, I have seen that thing numerous times since I work with Amersham products and I never figured anyone would be interested in it. Then Barry goes and posts on listserv and now Ozzy here. I should have done it months ago.

???

I could barley understand eveything but the last paragraph.

And you should have posted it moths ago.

wait the vile isnt even open, he cap's still on.

Add to list: Leaves coming out of plastic

The vile's a little watering resevoir, you see them on Roses at like 7-11 and such...

The only thing women love better than getting roses from 7/11 is for you put put a big bouquet of S.flava flowers in their face.

Or a big bouquet of S. purpurea pitchers full of slimy insect soup. I didn't know 7/11 had rose bouquets. Do they also serve a nice romantic dinner?

Of course, A hotdog, nachos and a slurpee.

And a ChocoTaco for dessert

Back