What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Tucson REALLY is.....

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date
ROTFL. I KNEW it! I almost said something but I figured if I was wrong you would be offended. Great pics, very enjoyable thread.

Eh- not offended at all! Don't get me wrong. It's just funny that the desert of Tucson Arizona is thought to be some sandy wasteland. If I drive for ~30 miles in the other direction of Tucson (east instead of west) I can be at 8000ft up in the mountains where the days are like 75f for the high in the summer where Tucson can be 120 (been there twice in the past month LOL) here is a few pics of that...

Riding the ski lift:
P7260031.JPG

Where we ate (it was raining that day... note the fog in the back)
P7260014.JPG

Here you can see some of Tucson...
P7260007.JPG

It's amazing the weather difference from Tucson in the valley to just 30 miles away, half of which are up the mountain.

Andrew

Wow...beautiful photos. That is neat that you have such a terrain change.

VA is sort of like that because you have flat, sandy land on the coast with the ocean and then you have the Blue Ridge mountains to the west. Hopefully soon I will be going apple picking up in the mountains. :D

BTW...I know where you got the name Buttercup from. :p

BTW...I have fluorite from Tombstone AZ and I also wrote an article on Tombstone for the rock club newsletter. It has a very interesting history.

I thought something was fishy, but I also didn't want to say anything incase I was wrong :p

Caiden and Laurel look identical! Except for the age difference.

Very nice pics
:)

0921081150.jpg

DOH! Looks like I can't ever come to visit. :0o: :-))

And DAMN, that's a lot of sand.....

Darn, you fooled me! Nice job.

Heh, nice little town. I cant believe you got some people with that! I can go to the black hills and take some old town photos too and say its just like all of South Dakota! But of course its not REALLY like that, unlike Montana.

What is it about dilapidated buildings that draws us?

Beautiful pictures. I've been wanting to make it down to Tombstone when I am in Arizona again... my favorite event of american history took place there :)

So, Arizona is pretty awesome in my book!

Nice Andy, having been to tucson, i knew it was a joke xDDD lol i would laugh if you really did live somewhere like that...

Back