What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What plant is bigger?

• Thread starter Acro
  • Start date
What plant is bigger? How would you rank them in size order?

N. 'Miranda'
N. ventricosa
N. ventrata

Please mention average leaf size, pitcher size, and vine length/growth.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I’d say that to sum up growth rate & pitcher size for Ventricosa, it’s like Veitchii with a bit larger leaves. Ventrata grow like a weed so I’d say give it as much space as possible. It’s pitchers are around 5 in. I’m sorry but I’m afraid I can’t speak for Miranda.

"Miranda" wins among the three in all categories hands down. Vines can exceed 20 feet if left alone, leaves over a foot and a half, pitchers can be up to 15" tall as well.
For the other two it would depend entirely on what ventricosa variant you're referencing. Some are small and fairly compact growers, others like the woody hourglass-shaped ones can get decently sized, and "ventrata" lands between those variations.

Oh yeah, N. "Miranda" for sure. Here are some random pics of my plants over the years that I can quickly find. :p

nxmiranda8_2006.JPG
miranda_2006upper.JPG
miranda8_2006lower.JPG
P1010028.JPG
P1010027.JPG
nxmiranda5-2006.jpg
P1010576.JPG

The order you put them in

Back