What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What on EARTH is THIS?

• Thread starter lizasaur
  • Start date

lizasaur

Charlatan
And why is it on my Nep? D:

29qi8hg.jpg

mkfbk3.jpg

xpdan4.jpg

Could it be what's causing this?

2hz3bdu.jpg

2ywsj9l.jpg

Frankly, it looks like fragment of an insect or arachnid abdomen; and I don't think that it appears to be alive . . .

That's the severed abdomen of (as of now) a dead insect. Enjoy!

;)

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Argh, BigBella beat me to it... :evil:

That's the severed abdomen of (as of now) a dead insect. Enjoy!

;)

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Argh, BigBella beat me to it... :evil:

Bwwwwahhhhhhhhaaaa . . .

Your plants look a little sad- did you just get them? If not, I'd shoot them with some neem asap!

Specifically, it looks like the abdomen of an assassin bug (Hemiptera: Reduviidae), leaf-footed bug (Hemiptera: Coreidae), or another true bug. Entomology degree FTW!

More evidence of a cp that slices its prey in half!

Hahaha grosss. How it got there and was all glued to the leaf I'll never know, but I cut off that leaf.

I know, but they're the only two sad ones of many. They're not too new, the Truncata is from last year and the Lowii has been mine for a few months. They've received Neem treatments in the past, not in the past 3 weeks.

Neem is very topical on leaves and wheres off/washes off quickly so frequent application is essential. Systemics help in these kind of situations as well.

Back