What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kind of rubbish is this?

• Thread starter PlantAKiss
  • Start date
its not an auction,
its simply spam disguised as an ebay auction..
I will report it..
scot

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
It's funny how some idiots can be. Still not right though. Go ahead and report.

Actually I already reported it so they are getting at least 2 reports. HA! II hate rip off stuff like that on eBay. The guy told me he accidently put up the wrong pic and can't change it. lol What an idiot.

3 reports.
Q: Why are do you have "Venus Flytrap" listed in your title and yet show a Drosera capensis for a photo? Hardly fair to uninformed buyers. Jun-29-05
A: I tryed to cancel the ad. But to late. anyways it was suspose to be a way to get people to join GreenZap, get $25 webcash, then get the plant from THEM not me.

So teh person was selling an ad on ebay or rather $25 webcash and then you could use the webcash to get a plant? That's wack

I'll teach this guy a lesson. The bids starts at .01, shipping is .01, so that means I get a capensis, or either a giant fltytrap for the total of .02, and that includes shipping. What deal. he better not revoke my bid.

AND NOBODY BETTER NOT OUTBID ME EITHER

I just got this message.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]site is only for you to join greenzap. You get free $25 webcash. to buy through one of their vendors not me. dont bid

Now somebody else bid.
lol

I responded

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I already joined greenzap, now I want my Venus flytrap or Drosera capensis.

I'll wait until the last minute and then bid. LOL

Awwww,they removed it,now I can't see what it said
smile_h_32.gif
Ozzy you're too funny.I wanna bid too but now I can't
smile_h_32.gif
I always miss the fun stuff!~Niki~
blues.gif

Another greenzap related scam. How soon before greenzap goes belly up?

lol I guess eBay got one too many reports. I knew they'd pull it. Total rip off listing. I also report fee evasion because I absolutely HATE it. So don't anybody here do that.
smile_l_32.gif

Sorry you're not getting your 2-cent flytrap, Oz Man.
laugh.gif

ebay doesn't seem to care about fee evasion. Lots of people report it, but ebay won't remove it.
smile_h_32.gif

OH yes they do. I reported one guy and within 2-3 day's he was gone with the wind. Hasn't come back either...at least not under that member name.

I do think they don't do what they COULD do about it...I think they only deal with the worst cases. But you have to understand fee evasion hurts eBay so they have a vested interest in getting rid of at least the worst offenders.

What is fee evasion? You mean avoiding paypal fees and fees for selling? How would you know?
confused.gif

the way I understand it, is that "fee evasion" means the seller charges extra for shipping, to cover the fee they have to pay to ebay.
so the seller forces the buyer to pay for the seller's ebay fee by over-charging the buyer for shipping.

basically, the buyer then pays the seller's fee, by being over-charged for shipping, and the seller isnt out the cash for the fee! so they "evade" the fee..they dont really pay it.

but! ebay still gets their fee! so why should they care?
it doesnt hurt them..
mad.gif

it only hurts the buyer..

Scot

O! I thought it was part of the game of E Bay. I just account for the shipping into it when buying anything. So if something sells for 35 dollars at a store and I can get it for 30 dollars plus 4 dollars shipping, I saved money. You figure time and gas.

it actually hurts ebay. Ebay charges a final value fee, which i believe is a percentage of what the auction ends going for. If the seller sells an item for $1 but charges $50 for shipping, ebay will be calculating the final value of from the $1 instead of $50. Let's the the final value fee is 3%. I'd rather pay ebay 3% of $1 than 3% of $50.

I've done it before. I put all the profit in the shipping and then start the auction at .01. I know I have now lost PAKs respect.
smile_h_32.gif

Back