What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this!?

I have no idea where to put it so I guess it should go here. Sorry, I don't have a pic yet, but I'm getting weird stuff. I believe it might be fungus gnats, but I'm not sure. There's dense web-like substance in pots, but only in small areas. Then, what I believe are eggs of something, are little itty-bitty, white balls. I'm going to try to get a good pic. It can be found on the surface, all the way to the drainage holes

Last edited:
Wtf? I don't know what those might be, but sometimes people who have pests say they put their plant under water for a day or two to drown the pests things. I don't know if this might work or not, I've never had to do it.

Wtf? I don't know what those might be, but sometimes people who have pests say they put their plant under water for a day or two to drown the pests things. I don't know if this might work or not, I've never had to do it.

If these are fungus gnats, then I don;t think trying to drown them will be a good idea.

Anyways, here's a pic:
SN851331.jpg

Not to sound curt, but posts of problem first pic later, really aren't helpful. It just spurs on a round of guessing with everyone. You're only hindering yourself by doing so. Someone who might know what your pest is, is probably busy themselves and not going to visit the same topic over and over and over for each update.

You'll get a better response by taking your time, getting all your information, pics and such together and posting once.

Not to sound curt, but posts of problem first pic later, really aren't helpful. It just spurs on a round of guessing with everyone. You're only hindering yourself by doing so. Someone who might know what your pest is, is probably busy themselves and not going to visit the same topic over and over and over for each update.

You'll get a better response by taking your time, getting all your information, pics and such together and posting once.

Sorry about that, it's really hard to get a pic of it.

Looks like a fungus of some sort, hard to tell with the out of focus pic.

What are you growing, how are you doing it... etc etc...

Just looks like white fungus though, improve airflow, wipe it off. You'll be good to go.

Probably fungus or mold. Scoop off as much as you can and treat with a fungicide. Unless you know what fungus it is it's a crap shoot on finding a fungicide that will work. If that's what it is.

A dilute solution of alcohol or hydrogen peroxide might work but apply with care.

Looks like a fungus of some sort, hard to tell with the out of focus pic.

What are you growing, how are you doing it... etc etc...

Just looks like white fungus though, improve airflow, wipe it off. You'll be good to go.

At first, I found light webbing on my ping and I thought it was fungus gnats since gants were showing up. Then, after separating my bunch of ventratas, A cutting I took started to get it, too, which I found really weird. I gave both the ping and cutting a pesticide. Then, it started showing up on the two other pots on my window (also ventrata). I'm not sure if it's from lack of airflow, though. What's odd, though, is that the first webbing on my ping was different from the new ones. I suspect the soil I used (Peat/perlite). The little balls never showed up before.

I've never had gnats do webbing. That's a mite / spider thing.

The little balls never showed up before.
That's where the flavor is kept, goes good on toast.

juuust kidding :rolleyes:

I've seen this before in CP pots at my local nursery (read: death house). I believe it to be a fungus since the plants were kept in extremely low light.

Back