What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I feed my VFT, can someone check if it's OK?

I have just signed up to this great VFT site
tounge.gif
its pretty cool.
I feed it the following:
Small slugs
Wasps (Small'ish ones)
I fed one a pillbug, it seems to be digesting that good.
Spiders
Is this ok? As one of my VFTs is busy Burning to death (#### you mini-greenhouse&#33
wink.gif
I am looking after the bigger one. If anybody wants, I can send a picture of it
wink.gif
I take lots of great shots with my digi cam for my website (Up soon).
Thanks,
Ash

Here is my webpage for carnivourous plants. I hope you like it so far, as it's only the first page so far. I made the bakground and took all the pictures myself.

None of the pictures are working for me I'm afraid. It looks like it's going to be good though.

Hey Venusashtrap...

First off WELCOME, we are glad to have you around!!
biggrin.gif

I couldn't see the pictures either.

I know sometimes geocities can be weird about that.

WE offer here free web hosting, if you are interested. All you have to do is sign up for it. or you can email Phil ( he is the computer guy ). pcrane@petflytrap.com

This part of the site works: hope fully for you too
smile.gif

Here
Its just pictures of my VFT at home. Could someone please rate it? But don't rate the trap that is eating itself please
smile.gif

They look pretty nice to me
biggrin.gif
! I like the background plants too.

Thanks, I only just got that one, but still troubled about that one eating itself!
smile.gif

With the exception of slugs, my flytraps have enjoyed many meals on those bugs plus earwigs, beetles, and anything else that crawled into the traps. The only bug that got away was an apple worm. It chewed a hole through the trap and excaped only to drown in the water tray. HEHE
My VFT's sit on my back porch rail during the summer and fend for themselfs for the most part.
confused.gif
I couldn't get any of the pictures to work.
sad.gif

I can't see the pictures either...

I have no Idead whats wrong with
confused.gif

It always used to work
sad.gif

i fed a small slug to my VFT and w/in a few days the trap had turned black and hassince died..i would not reccomend it at all.

how about mealworms? are they ok to feed to the vft?

Back