What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water Rooted Cephalotus in Hydroculture.

Having water rooted a Cephalotus leaf, I placed it in a wood pulp product. I'm not sure that this can be strictly considered as hydroculture, but it's certainly not a traditional growing medium :grin:

tUdoRYE.jpg

ybTKu5A.jpg

very cool , nice work .
where do you get wood pulp.

Very nice mobile. Is the wood pulp stable enough for long term growth. I love your curiousity for test soils. Well done.

The wood pulp is a waste product from the paper manufacturing industry and there is a company in the UK who package it for use as horse bedding. It is also popular with other pet owners, such as rabbit keepers. There is a brand of small pet bedding sold in the USA which is very similar, though I have never used it.

:blush:the last pic. would be a great pic for next years calander , if your going to enter:blush:

:blush:the last pic. would be a great pic for next years calander , if your going to enter:blush:
Thank you for you kind comment, but I don't think the photo is worthy. It was a quick snap and I didn't manually adjust aperture, so the depth of filed is poor.

'Nice work. How long has this plant been in this medium overall?

'Nice work. How long has this plant been in this medium overall?
I don't recall exactly, but approximately 8-10 weeks. It was just a leaf with roots when I put it in there.

Back