What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wanting to know

I am new to the Cp growing and maybe its just a newbie thing, but I recently put my Venes fly trap outside. I have been feeding it about every two days after the previously trap (unless it has caught something) and when I look at my VFT I see a trap sprung I put it up to the light to see the shadow. I always am so anxious for it to open so I can see what insect it has caught. Am I alone?

nope! when i had a bigger VFT i used to love putting it to the light and waiting for it to open. things as small as pill bugs. to things as big as frogs(little treefrogs about an inch)!
Alex

Well they don't need all that feeding but yes it is fun! I seem to have more fun poking a Stylidium than a Dionaea...

Welcome!

Yea I have never really fed mine, but used to love watch prey naturally get caught, and play with the spiders legs that would stick out!

You'll get used to the flytrap thing. :) And you don't need to feed it. Letting it catch its own food is more natural.

You don't need to feed them every two days. Once a week or so would probably be better.

Where are you in H-town? I used to live in The Woodlands.

You don't need to feed them every two days. Once a week or so would probably be better.

Where are you in H-town? I used to live in The Woodlands.

Im not feeding every two days. I feed them after the first trap has opened from last weeks feeding.

Im from texas city.

you dont really need to feed them at all... they can catch their own food the way nature intended

Back