What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanting to Bog Walk

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
Okay guys, my plan, goal, resolution, hope, quest, intention, dream, wild hair, scheme..okay I've run out of synonoms, is to visit every bog on publically accessible land within a 75 mile radius of my home. My problem seems to be finding them all. There is precious little information on their locations. I will be spending the next couple of weeks on the various websites dedicated to public parks and preserves to see which ones mention bogs/inland wetlands in their descriptions.

Any suggestions of where to go in my area would be greatly appreciated. I hope to document these areas with photos and text too aid others who have the same quest. I live in coastal Maryland,USA.

here are a few I found in Maryland:

1. Angel's Bog, Lake Shore, MD
  2. Cedarville State Forest, Brandywine, MD
  3. Suitland Bog, Suitland, MD
  4. U.S. Department of Agriculture Research Station, Beltsville, MD

I'm not sure the last one is actually a bog, but It might be worth checking out if you live close by

Last edited:
Thank you for the start to my list, don't forget to edit your post to remove links/info to the nursery though..against forum rules

sorry about that I should have pmed you

Back