What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted for trade

Joseph good news for both of us. The basal shoot has 2 more basal shoots on it and I was wondering If I can get any other plants with the N. SPectablis. The basal shoot has more then half of its own roots. So can I get something else your choice or my choice.
biggrin.gif

Did you send that African swallow or European?

Tony

rolleyes.gif

Actually tony all shipping is via south american parakeet.

parakeet.jpg

Phil, the trade is fair, the spec I sent you is quite colorful and developes purple leaves in bright light.

However I will consider further trade for the N. Clipeta x reinwardtiana. What is the size of the plant and coloration.

joe

Nice parrot I have a White eye conure. It great. The N. Clipeta x reinwardtiana has like half inch pitchers and it has the same color as a N. sanguinea. I am getting another light fixture and I want to see the full color of the plant.
biggrin.gif
The N. Tobiaca is as big as the N. Spec and it has another N. Tobiaca basal shoot on it and that one has another basal shoot on it. So do you think u couyld include something small into the trade. BTW The basal shoot has more then Half of the roots and is starting to disconnect from the mother plant. I fluded the plant in water yesterday and looked at the basal shoots. You will have lots of fun with that plant. good luck.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
--Phil

I assume you mean that you have decided to keep the hybrid?

Anyway Phil, I don't mean to be rude but you agreed to trade the tobiaca for the spec and I have already mailed the spec which you should recieve today. If you are having trouble justifing the value or the fairness of the trade because of the extra growth points, perhaps you should research the cost of a N. spec verse a N. tobaica. You may be surprised how good of a trade you are getting.

joe

Have to jump in here...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did you send that African swallow or European?
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

'e could grip it by its husk.

It's not a question of where 'e grips it, it's a simple question of weight ratio. A six ounce bird can't cary a 1 pound coconut!

schloaty, ARE YOU CALLING MY BIRD A WIMP!!!!!!!!

Joe,
LOL! Actually no way! I got my butt kicked by my wife's White eye conure (at least I think that's what it is)! He was sitting on my shoulder (they warned me not to let him), and was behaving just fine. Then I took a step, and disturbed his balance. Neat how parrots use their beaks as a third hand/leg isn't it? NOT IN THE BACK OF YOUR NECK IT AINT!!!

HOLY MOLY that hurt! I wanted to spit, roast and eat the little bugger!

They can be quite mean to everyone but the owner. Mine does the same thing even when he is just playing, layes on his back and dares you to try and pick him up.

Or his favorite game is to get down on the floor and stalk your feet under the table, scares the heck out of me.

joe

LOL. My parrot lays in my hand on his stomach and sleeps. His favorite game is tag. I can never catch hi. LOL
biggrin.gif

I got the plant today just now and already potted it. Thanx. I will send the Tobiaca tuesday.
biggrin.gif

Excellent, remember it takes some extreme light to get that cool purple leaf color, I use a kwatt halide so it may loose a bit of color.

joe

Do you a great place online to buy fixtures at a good price that are great for cps? It is doing great. Thanx
biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tony Paroubek @ May 02 2003,06:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did you send that African swallow or European?  

Tony[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Good 'ol Monty!
biggrin.gif
alien.gif
smile.gif
I would say a cliff swallow, we have those things all around my lake (lots of cliffs), and they can keep up w/the boat when we go 57 M.P.H.
wow.gif
tounge.gif
Cool, but weird, like him.
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

For cheap good quality halides without the fastest service
halides

For a nicer looking halide with low quality transformer go with a maximizer
maximizer

For anything power compact use these guys.
pc

or for an economical approach go to lowes and buy the 10 dollar shop lights. The down side of this is that it takes like 50 4ft bulbs to do what a 1000 watt halide will do.

joe

It would take 12.5 of those light fixtures with the 2 40 watts bulbs each fixture gives of 80watts if you do 1000watts / 80 you get 12.5. It would take 12.5 fixturewsto give out the same light as a halid. It would cost the same as well. Almost the same, buying 12 fixtures and 24 bulbs would be less then a 300 dollar haylid thing. Thanx for the sotes. I got a question do the pet place guys sell bulbs and tube lights are they ok for Cps? Thanx
biggrin.gif
--Phil

I use one of thier fixtures on my 10 gallon. 72 watts at 5500k. works quite well.

You forgot to account for light output per watt. MH and Fl are hardly comparable.

joe

Back