What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFT ID Help

Well seems 2 Home Depots got their Halloween supply of VFT's in. Out looking for flooring today and stumbled upon this. I'm hoping its a good find :banana2: and not just a typical VFT :-(. Could anyone identify. Sorry for the closed traps....Thanks!

DSC01320.jpg

DSC01324.jpg

Could it be a B52??

Nah, it's just a typical. Some people who get their VFTs at Lowes, Home Depot, or whatever sometimes have coloration like that. But since there's no label or anything, it's considered as just a typical.

alright. I can live with that, I just thought due to the such large traps, long fingers, and coloration of the (stems?) may indicate other specie.

Greg, i think you are refering to another cultivar, not species, as there is technically only the one species of VFT

Greg, i think you are refering to another cultivar, not species, as there is technically only the one species of VFT

Yes he is:-DWow how'd you guys think if there is another species of Dioneae?:boogie:

Is it me or is that peat bone dry? I would give that guy some water.

i agree dash, bone-freakin-dry lol

no its not, I replanted before moistening the peat so it looks like that. plenty watered though I made sure

If you are comfortable with it, then that is good enough for me.

Keep in mind that peat is pretty fine so I would suggest mixing with peat and water before putting it in the pot to insure the water absorbs into the peat well.

Putting dry peat and perlite in a pot and top watering probably will not give the peat enough time to absorb the water before it runs out of the bottom of the pot.

completely agree with you. I just waited a day for the rain to come and all is well now. At the time I didnt know what I could do to fix the dryness look other than to mist which would only really soak the top. The rain is here though....

Cool. Problem solved.

Back