What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFT Hydroponics Experiment

New season update (2010)

My hydroponics VFT has been in dormancy over winter. The plant is on my kitchen windowsill so has been at room temperature (albeit a cool room temperature) all of the winter but the reduced day length was sufficient to stop most growth and many of the traps died back. I carried on topping up the reservoir as normal, so basically it's been kept as wet in winter as it was during the summer, but I stopped feeding it nutrients and only occasionally gave it a small amount of humic and fulvic acid (Orchid Ultra). Day lengths are extending now and new growth is visible...

pic1.jpg

As you can see, the rockwool cubes are sustaining moss growth...
pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

And roots are growing out of the bottom of the mesh pot...
pic4.jpg

Wow! Well, this looks quite successful! Great experiment, Mobile!

Wow what a nice experiment here and it is quite successful too.The plant looks beautiful and is grown hydroponically. Here it is giving perfect results and it is quite long lasting too as the system is set very well.

Back