What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Venus flytrap "Tree" soon available!!

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hahaha.. Okay, so maybe not. But I have about 5 of these growing. It's kinda interesting I think. Anyone seen it before? INTRODUCING (maybe) THE WOLDS FIRST (probably not) MOST AMAZING (doubt it) MOST SPECTACULAR (uh huh...) UNOBTAINABLE (whatever, get on with it already....(haha)) Venus flytrap "Dentate Traps "Tree""!!!
(I wonder how tall it's gonna get!!)

haha!!!!!! from a flower stalk!?

it looks like a flower stalk to me, but has no flowers at all. only traps. The traps are of decent size, and it grows FAST!

If that is sustainable (i.e. if you take a cutting and it turns back into that) then I think you will have the next VFT cultivar

that is insane! WOW!! :D

Congratulations, that's quite the find.
~Joe

Haha, that's VERY cool, Andrew! If divisions do the same thing, get ready to expand your store operations! lol

I already have 5 of them.... Not from a singe division, but all the plants came from the same place so it's possible they are the "same". My best guess is that these WERE flower stalks that I chopped off... But then this happened. (while most of them just stay as chopped off flower stalks) So if you got a dentate traps from me, you could already have it!!! :p lol

Awesome!:-O

OMG!!! Sign me up. That is the coolest find in recent CP cultivation history!!!! "Dionea Muscipula 'Andrew Tree'"...(you know, instead of the Joshua Tree?) ok, not funny, but, WOW...I want one.

wow! i REALLY hope you take care of that well and see what happens in a few months! hahah

where'd you get those 5 from and are they selling more of that cultivar? :p

Wow that is sooo cool looking!!!:-O

They're bought in bulk from a TC supplier for my store. Not sold to me for this growth... But as a side effect of mass TC you often see some "oddities"

Well!

All we can do is wait, if it maintains the condition & can keep this condition while propagating I think we'd have a new cultivar!

I thought it was just like a toy at once when you said "Tree" like those Venus Flytrap machines but, dang, you weren't kidding!

This thread really need more :pics:

Wow man! That's so cool! Possibly one of the coolest things I've seen on this forum! DEFINITELY try and figure out if cuttings do the same thing, because that is COOL.

It could grow so tall it could eat baby birds as they hatched or little things in the trees.

And I have an overactive imagination.

Well when I get tc down I could tc them maybe.
So far only 50% on my first try they did not get spoiled
pretty good. I could them back to you if I could keep a
plants . When I master tc better like in a month or so
then I should tc vfts better.

Wow man! That's so cool! Possibly one of the coolest things I've seen on this forum! DEFINITELY try and figure out if cuttings do the same thing, because that is COOL.

How long does it take for cuttings to reach flowering maturity? I'm guessing 2-3 years. With TC maybe 18 months (another wild guess). And the question remains will they do this next year?

It's gonna take awhile...

Back