What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Veitchii beginning to spread its wings

I suppose instead of wings, i should have said peristome.

That grand N. veitchii peristome, much like a ship's sail, needs enough to material to truly show its best potential.

That is why i'm quite excited that a couple of my N. veitchii varieties have finally turned that corner and are starting to show more of their N. veitchii splendor.

Here is a small, just under 4", N. veitchii (K) pitcher from EP shot a few hours before high noon yesterday.

IMG_2570-N-veitchii-k-EP.jpg

And here is a pitcher of AW's N. veitchii Batu Lawi, just a tad shorter than the pitcher shown above and below, showing it's most pronounced peristome yet, since i've had it.

IMG_2591-N-veitchii-Batu-Lawi-AW.jpg

Another shot of the N. veitchii (K), shot a couple of hours after high noon yesterday, in a highly reflective area, resulting in a brighter picture.

IMG_2600-N-veitchii-K-EP.jpg

Now i'm really looking forward to seeing the next few pitchers on these two plants. :)

dvg

And so are we all! Wonderful plants, dvg :grin:

Great shots dvg! N. veitchii neevr dissapoints, I really love this species. I'm glad you have a few varities to compare, and see how they grow.

Nice! I love seeing veitchii peristomes getting bigger.. and BiGGeR.. and BIGGER!!

Right now it's my seed grown N. veitchii HL (EP) that I'm watching with eager anticipation. Starting to look like a veitchii!!

IMG_2167.jpg

Great pics! My veitchi is showing very stripped features as well. I find that the stripeness continues to get better in each coming pitcher, so your in luck ;). Those veitchi "candy striped" of yours should look fantastic in the next few pitchers!

Back