What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia dichotoma

This is the result of putting a plug of U. dichotoma in a live Sphagnum Darlingtonia tray.

28154388635_2387fce4f8_o.jpg

Very nice! Do they survive the winter or have you not had the plant long enough to know?

It's had two winters in that tray. It also flowered last year but I didn't take a still. It appears on one of the Darlingtonia House videos from last year.

Last edited:
Very cool. How hard are the winters in your greenhouses? Do you get any hard freezes or frosts through the winter in there?

The greenhouses are unheated and get none to very little direct sun in winter. There are freezes and hard frosts.

Nice flowers. I haven't been able to find a setup where this species flourishes yet.

Mine doesn't seem to care what conditions it's in, so long as it's wet. Went from fairly high lighting to rather shady recently, and so long as the soil is regularly waterlogged it's flowering away again. And it's just in a little 2.5" x 5" cup.

Mine doesn't seem to care what conditions it's in, so long as it's wet. Went from fairly high lighting to rather shady recently, and so long as the soil is regularly waterlogged it's flowering away again. And it's just in a little 2.5" x 5" cup.

I'm growing mine in the same conditions as Utricularia biloba and fulva (basically what you described) but the plant is barely limping along whereas the others have done very well.

I'm growing mine in the same conditions as Utricularia biloba and fulva (basically what you described) but the plant is barely limping along whereas the others have done very well.

Perhaps a little less wet than those two, but yes otherwise conditions are very similar.
Also reminds me: the U. fulva you sent me is sending up a flower stalk, and biloba is branching out :)

Back