What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upcoming CP Class, Birmingham Botanical Gardens, Sept 5th!

Hi guys!

I just wanted to spread the word that the Birmingham Botanical Gardens in Birmingham, AL will be having an upcoming workshop on carnivorous plants. The workshop, which falls on Sept. 5th, is a 4-hour introduction to CPs. The instructor will be yours truly, and for the most part it's designed to communicate the basics of our hobby to folks that may be curious. Essentially, I'm hoping not only to provide the skills to succeed with CPs, but I'm going to be pushing conservation issues pretty hard. Plus, the best part is that we're going to be building miniature bog gardens, complete with CPs and native companion plants!

Based on last year, it's going to be a lot of fun. Everyone thought it went really well, and demand was there for an encore this year. However, we still have seats to fill. If anyone is in the B'ham area or has friends, relatives, etc. who might be interested, please spread the word. It's really a nice opportunity for us as a community to increase our numbers. And at the end of the day, you couldn't be supporting a better or more worthwhile nonprofit institution. The BBG is not only one of only a handful of public collections with native CPs, but they're also active in education and outreach. Plus, they do tremendous work with the Alabama Plant Conservation Alliance. They are one of the players that are keeping S. oreophila, S. alabamensis, and others alive in the wild as well as creating and managing new safeguarding and reintroduction sites.

So, without further ado, here's a link to their calendar events and the details to sign up! The fee is $50 for members and $60 for non-members.

http://www.bbgardens.org/all-events.php

Last edited:
Back