What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Drosera

Here are the plants I mentioned in my Unknown Utric post. They're a bit shy, hiding behind a red capensis....

DUnk01.jpg

We'll probably have to wait for flowers to get a decent answer, but I thought some Drosera experts might want to take a stab at it. They're just a bit yellower in person, and started out a rich green in lower light. Also, they vigorously returned from roots left in the pot I transplanted them out of.

It just sucks that I can't really put a definite ID on these guys, even with good guesses, cause they're pretty cool! Please to enjoy!

Not D. schizandra, they are D. hamiltonii.

Drosera hamiltonii

Thanks for the guesses so far! I've done some digging myself, and they really do look like D. hamiltonii, only strangely yellow instead of red. They also have the small snap-tentacles of D. hamiltonii. Are there any similar species I should be concerned about, or is it safe to label these as D. hamiltonii? As much as I'd like to have them labeled for trades, etc., I don't want to mislabel them and distribute them falsely...

They usually acquire a reddish flush when dormant. The way the leaves unroll is very characteristic of D. hamiltonii.

Thanks for the guesses so far!

Not guesses, they cannot be mistaken for any other species. The ID is definitely D. hamiltonii. As you say, the colouration is usually alot greener or reddish.

Thanks again for the information. I like to be as precise as possible with my labeling, so that mix-ups like the D. sp. Auyan Tepui labeling don't occur. Now, to get some updated tags together...

Back