What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

uh, is this thing on?

I think I'm going to cry. *sniff* hehe

Yeah the internet has its short comings. Emoticons can only go so far to cover for tone of voice, facial expressions and body language. Its kind of amazing to think how much we get from those things when we don't even normally take too much notice of it.

Ooops. I'm off topic. :offtopic: Where's a mod when you need one. :rolleyes:

Hey whats up TC....aka stoney...lol

Its the Doc(Victorias husband) here......This is first post I ever made here,but I have read here from time to time, about this addiction that has taken over my wife's life and our living room.....I feel like I live in an amazon rainforest......So thanks to all you CP'ers for getting her addicted....LOL....But hey its all good I'm very much into observing her cp's too....VERY cool plants.....the Nep's are probably my favorites....although sundews are pretty cool little critters....

But anyways this intro you started my friend is like a soap opera....lol....No wonder people call us weird....But you still up for fishin' tonight TC...?

Well thanks to all you great people who have befriended and shown such kindness to my wife Victoria......Glad you joined TC...heck I may too, only to give Vic a hard time...J/K...!

Well later;
Doc
(Victorias husband)

Last edited:
Hey Doc. You should join the forums. The CP addiction can be contagious. You have to admit they are pretty cool plants. And there's nothing like a green household. :)

People used to ask me what kind of drugs I was on. I used to say, well , what do you have!

I have been clean and sober for five years now. I even quit smoking...cigarettes.

But thanks for the vote of confidence JRFxtreme!

Now is nateral green herbs considered "drugs"....????....LOL

Doc out........................................................:-O

Drugs are any other substance than food that affect the body's natural functions right? So wouldn't that make natural herbs a food instead of a drug?

I would have to agree with you...being against govt. dope(Dr. perscribed meds) and a fan herbal remedies(God perscribed herbs)....

In the Bible (Yes the bible, no need to bash)....It says that the Creator GAVE ALL seed bearing plants to use, for you they will be for meat(food)....Also says the Creator gave forth the GREEN HERB for man.....So why has man made GOD given herbs Illegal....???

Doc out.........................................................................

Damn straight I believe that :) God gave us mushrooms (ok, not quite a plant) and pot and Ayahuasca and coca and even opium and I think that all of those are gifts from God that can be used or abused, just like any other gift.

Some people think the manna from heaven was actually magic mushrooms. Some also thing the herb that grew on Solomons grave was cannabis.

On the side of western medicine, if I didn't take Synthroid, a hormone, I'd be cold in the middle of July and sleep 12 hours a day, without flonase, a steroid, and others antihistamines life wouldn't be enjoyable in the spring, summer, and fall, and winter (I'm allergic to pollen in the spring and summer, and mold in the fall and winter. How unlucky am I? lol)

Without Propecia and Rogain, I'd be a bald 17 year old and we just can't have that :( With it I have a head full of thick hair. I'm dependent on all of these drugs but It's really worth it to enjoy life and it's not really a big inconvenience.

JLAP if you look at a spore like a seed, which in a since it is, just a different kind of Seed. But its still not a plant.

The Verse is

Genesis 1:29
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

JLAP if you look at a spore like a seed, which in a since it is, just a different kind of Seed. But its still not a plant.

The Verse is

Genesis 1:29
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

And with that verse was the implication that humans would be responsible with what had been put under our care - not abuse.

If you want to split hairs we can debate use versus abuse all day lol :-O
What you call abuse I may call use and visca versa.

Cody, ferns produce spores and northern fern fronds are a delicacy so I can see how the spore thing can work out. People back then didn't know about spores anyway.

As long as you can hold a stable job, and not hurt any one else in your use whats wrong with it? I know plenty of "stoner's" who do drugs all the time and i mean all the time, and they are GREAT students, a couple of them get strait A's. One of the Strait A students even is quiting cause he has kid now (he graduated), thats responsibility's, so how is that abuse if he can control his USE when thats exactly what it is, when it gets out of control thats abuse. I recognize that I cant use during the school year cause I find it hard to concentrate on school work, because I have an addictive personality (its in my family) but I can make my self stop.

True their are those who abuse it, but that shouldn't ruin it for every one else, or because a president didn't like that people were expressing them selfs in the 60's, Nixon for example, and movies like Reefer Madness, portrayed pot as if it were crack.

I didn't know people ate fern fronds... weird! Ill have to find a place to try it.

It just depends on how you classify drugs. It makes me sick when you see someone with a "JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS" bumper sticker, and they have a cigarette in thier mouth, a cup of coffee in their hand, and go home at night and suck back a fifth of vodka with sleeping pills for dessert, while handing their kids a fist full of paxil. And then want to throw people in jail when they want to sip a little weed in the confines of their own house.

They say marijuanna is a gateway drug? Not so. Sugar,caffine, nicotine, alcohol, etc, etc, are the gateway drugs.

Oh ya, those are domestic, socially acceptable drugs. A bunch of stinking hypocrits.

I wouldn't call sugar a drug, but I totally agree with you on all of that. Like at the narcotics anonymous they will look you in the face and tell you what an addict you are and how in denial you are about your addiction, then they'll drink coffee and smoke cigarettes in between accusations and criticism. A week later, these same people will get off parole and get wasted, and come crying back and expect no criticism after they put on their "holier than thou" act. I quit NA and they all told me I'd get worse, but look at me, I just graduated a year early while they are still addicted to their meetings and keychains.

I know plenty of "stoner's" who do drugs all the time and i mean all the time, and they are GREAT students, a couple of them get strait A's.

Most of the National Merit Scholars I know smoke loads of pot (among other things); and I probably know an above average number of National Merit Scholars. It goes to show you that you can't always believe everything conveyed in those anti-drug campaigns.

xvart.

Back