What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. longifolia

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
Is this a full light plant that cab live outside with my sarrs? Or can it live out there till winter then moved to GH?

Well- I moved mine outside this year and it's doing fine. I have semi-sheltered it behind a few slightly larger pots, but it seems happy. Just be sure to slowly introduce it to more light. I put mine out and promptly forgot about it- when I remembered after a week or so the leaves had all burnt to a crisp. They regrew and the plant now has much tougher, waxier leaves. Although, I have more highland summer conditions than SC, and the sunlight is nowhere near as strong- so take with a pinch of salt.

oops, forgot to tell you JB..it has been growing outside in morning sun followed by partial shade in humid coastal Maryland.

Thank you Judy. It came yesterday. Potted it last night but didn't know if I should put it outside. I might split it into two pots and put one out back where it is shaded and one up front with the darts in fill sun and circulating bog.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

MH thank you as well for the input. I like tougher plants. :) will try both locals and see what happens.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Judy was gracious enough to give me a huge huge plug. prolly enough for 4 pots!

I had mine in full sun this summer and it flowered for me.

Thanks Jim! Will definitely try ghat then. May add to some Sarr pots for giggles.

Back