What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trusmadiensis Troubles

Hey Everyone,

Here is a recent addition to my group: something labelled as ventricosa x ( x trusmadiensis), possibly from seed. Anyway I was looking at some photos of both this cross and pure xTM, and I feel like this plant is something very similar to (if not exactly) xTM.

Here are pictures of my plant. Note the leaf shape and indumentum as well:
mine3_zps530b8b8d.jpg

mine1_zps54933ce1.jpg

mine2_zps7a033d6a.jpg

Here are some pictures from cpphotofinder that I thought matched the best to my pitchers. The first is a vent x TM, the others are pure xTM:
img2551cj.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

8176991833_9ac450cc2b_b.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

So wise sages of Terraforums, what is your ruling?

I'm no expert man but it looks a lot more similar to the xTM that you posted. If thats the case then it's the find of the century! A plant that size would cost a very pretty penny!! I've seen some vent x TM's that look very TM like, but they usually have the ventricosa waist going on. Regardless of what you got the plant looks amazing! Let me know if and where I can find one!! Cheers man!

That looks like x 'trusmadiensis' to me. Someone goofed up big time. Good score !

Damn it! I was thinking of going for that one on eBay because I thought it might possibly be xTM. I'm kicking myself now!

I don't see any ventricosa influence in that plant. I too think it may be Trusmadiensis. This is my plant:
20120930-211036.jpg

It looks a lot like the clone 2 to me, but you really need to stick with the original label, unless you can prove otherwise.

It looks a lot like the clone 2 to me, but you really need to stick with the original label, unless you can prove otherwise.

That's what I'm thinking for now. I'll let it grow out for a while and update in a few months perhaps to see if it changes at all.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Back