What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

transitioning VFTs to outside

My VFT has been growing on a southen windowsill for about 3 years.
I recentally got a sarracenia and i am considering moving my VFT out with the
sarracenia.

How do i hirden it off for the outdoors?

Hard to give instructions and advice when I don't know where you live
or what your "outdoor" environment is!

Perhaps others can?! ???
But I myself would need more info to give good advice!

In general, make any changes slowly. Like introducing to full sun, start with partial shade and then increase the exposure a little at a time, as in after a few days, place it in a position that gets an hour or 2 longer of sun per day, and let it stay there a few days, and increase again.
It is getting into fall, so you are going to have to prepare it for dormancy shortly anyway.

Good luck!

(Oh, I looked thru your other posts and discovered you are in the DC area. It is best when asking questions, to give as much pertinent information as you can, so you can help people give you the best advice.)
Again, good luck.

Generally speaking, you want to approximate the environmental conditions from inside to out. In other words, you want to put plants outside when outside is ~room temp. Rainy and cloudy days are better than sunny days. Putting plants in shaded areas / under something is better than direct sun, at least for a couple weeks.

Back