What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Took some nice pics of my nepenthes Garden

Nice plants! Particularly envious of the cephs!

I took some nice new pics of the neps just now. lets start with the very rare and beautiful Queen of Hearts Black Truncata She just opened up a very nice new pitcher that will color up very nicely soon. I also took a pic of one of her older pitchers that's retaining that wide flared peristome that the True Queen of Hearts is very famous for.
new nep dec pics 001.JPG
new nep dec pics 004.JPG
here's of the female Lowii x Campanulata getting really large and full of Basal's
new nep dec pics 002.JPG
new nep dec pics 007.JPG
new nep dec pics 008.JPG
The Lowii x veitchii x burb opening a new pitcher
new nep dec pics 005.JPG
The female Hamakua
new nep dec pics 006.JPG
new nep dec pics 003.JPG

This tall nep is of the very rare Mixta x maxima x Veitchii x Northiana x Veitchii. This thing throws out basals like crazy and should start pitchering again soon
new greenhouse nep pics 001.JPG
new greenhouse nep pics 002.JPG
This is of a Female Nepenthes Platychila rooted cutting that I received not too long ago. I can't wait till she gets very larger and flowers for me.
new greenhouse nep pics 003.JPG
new greenhouse nep pics 004.JPG
new greenhouse nep pics 005.JPG
female Lowii x Campanulata in the fog from the humidifier
new greenhouse nep pics 006.JPG
This is of a Female Hamata clone 2 that's from a rooted vine cutting that I just got in.
new greenhouse nep pics 007.JPG
new greenhouse nep pics 008.JPG
new greenhouse nep pics 009.JPG
new nepenthes pics dec 2021 001.JPG
new nepenthes pics dec 2021 002.JPG

Very nice. Love the teeth on the hamata.

I have two plants in flower at the same time. I've been looking forward to being able to make this cross for a while now. The male is Mixta x Maxima x Veitchii x Northiana x Veitchii and the female is Lowii x Campanulata
This is the male here
new male flower 001.JPG

This is the new female Lowii x Campanulata stalk
new female lowii x Campy stalk 001.JPG

That's so exciting. Those are both stunners and those flower stalks look so chunky. You get the biggest flowers!

That's so exciting. Those are both stunners and those flower stalks look so chunky. You get the biggest flowers!
Thank you so much. I totally agree. I can't wait to do that project with those two. It should be a real winner for sure.

I took some new pics of the Newest Queen of Hearts pitcher that just opened.
newest Queen of Hearts pitcher Dec 30 2021 001.JPG
newest Queen of Hearts pitcher Dec 30 2021 002.JPG
newest Queen of Hearts pitcher Dec 30 2021 003.JPG

That does look far more firmly like the pitchers that made it famous; gotta stop calling it a truncata though, there's miles of difference from even the best truncata and the Queen.
I'm surprised to see another Hamakua clone surviving as well, wonder jut how many were distributed before the volcano incident; also wonder if they all have the good funnel uppers, or just a couple.

That does look far more firmly like the pitchers that made it famous; gotta stop calling it a truncata though, there's miles of difference from even the best truncata and the Queen.
I'm surprised to see another Hamakua clone surviving as well, wonder jut how many were distributed before the volcano incident; also wonder if they all have the good funnel uppers, or just a couple.
Yeah, I really love that Queen of Hearts. One of my favorite plants of all time. As for the Hamakua I have now. It's a EP remake. I did use to have a female of an actual original Hamakua years ago that I got directly from Sam Estes in a trade. He actually picked it out for me himself knowing it was a female. Sam is a really great guy indeed. Me and him used to do alot of trades back in the day until I had to get out of CP's for a while when my original collection was wiped out. I just recently got back into the hobby in the past several years. I do wish I still had my old original clone of the Hamakua still around.
Here's the newest Hamakua pitcher that just recently opened the other day.
new dec 2021 hamakua pics 001.JPG
new dec 2021 hamakua pics 002.JPG
new dec 2021 hamakua pics 003.JPG

So a Hamakua "Exotica;" didn't know they'd remade the grex (exact same parent clones then I assume? Shape is definitely on point).

So a Hamakua "Exotica;" didn't know they'd remade the grex (exact same parent clones then I assume? Shape is definitely on point).
Yeah, I was surprised to see that they did a remake. I'm very glad that they did cause that's one of the old school hybrids that I really like alot from back in the day. I should be doing cuttings of her soon once I clip this last stalk off of her with her seeds.

took some new pics of my upcoming stalks. Female Lowii x Campanulata, another female Hamakua stalk and that male complex Veitchii hybrid stalk.
first one here is the female Hamakua
new female ans male stalk pics 002.JPG
Here's the female Lowii x Campy stalk coming along nicely
new female ans male stalk pics 003.JPG
The male complex Veitchii hybrid of Mixta x Maxima x Veitchii x Northiana x Veitchii
new female ans male stalk pics 004.JPG
Here's a couple of pitchers he is finally making for me again. I can't wait till they open and are fully developed.
new female ans male stalk pics 005.JPG
new female ans male stalk pics 006.JPG

Good looking plants with great color! Sounds like you have some fun crosses planned, good luck!

a couple pitchers opening on that Mixta x Maxima x Veitchii x Northiana x Veitchii
new veitchii hybrid pitchers opening 001.JPG
new veitchii hybrid pitchers opening 002.JPG
The Greenhouse that I am working on repairing and will have an A/C unit in there soon hopefully with all new panels, misters, etc.....
nre greenhouse pics 002.JPG
nre greenhouse pics 003.JPG

Good looking plants with great color! Sounds like you have some fun crosses planned, good luck!
Thanks, I've really been looking forward to making these crosses for a while now. I hope all will go well.

Very nice. Those are some good hybrids to have in bloom.
I totally agree. I can't wait to see what they will look like. Hopefully I'll be able to do some giveaways soon of some seedlings if all goes well with making the seeds.

Last edited:
took some new pics of the developing flower stalks.
First one is a really nice female Lowii x campanulata
new flower stalks 2022 001.JPG

Next one here is a new female Hamakua stalk developing nicely
new flower stalks 2022 002.JPG
Last pic here is of the male Mixta x maxima x veitchii x Northiana x veitchii
new flower stalks 2022 003.JPG
gabbie pics 001.JPG
gabbie pics 002.JPG

Back