What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Took some nice pics of my nepenthes Garden

Hi there everyone. I took some rally nice pics of my nepenthes garden for everyone to see. I hope that you all will love the pics.
This is a pitcher on my Female Lowii x Campanulata. Right now I have her pollinated with several other nice neps. Pollination went kind of ok on this one. I will be splitting the seeds with the donors when done and pods start to split. One of the Hybrids she is pollinated with is Lowii x Veitchii x Burb which should turn out very well.
002.JPG
Next one is my rooted cutting of my female Black Truncata Queen of Hearts. Cant wait till she flowers for me.
new nepenthes Black Truncata pictures 001.JPG
new nepenthes Black Truncata pictures 002.JPG
Here's another really nice very rare one. Mixta x Maxima x Veitchii x Northiana x Veitchii
new nepenthes Black Truncata pictures 005.JPG
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
Up next is my female Hamakua and her newest recent flower stalks. She currently has 2 flower stalks one her at the moment. Man is the pollen donor for her going to be happy when his seeds are ready from her.
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG

007.JPG
005.JPG
Below is the second stalk that is currently developing on her.
new female hamakua flower pictures 006.JPG
female Hamakua 420 002.JPG

Might want to double check ID on that "Queen of Hearts" plant; that's robcantleyi, not a truncata, and no one but Borneo Exotics themselves as far as I know actually has the Queen. Only offspring were ever released.

Might want to double check ID on that "Queen of Hearts" plant; that's robcantleyi, not a truncata, and no one but Borneo Exotics themselves as far as I know actually has the Queen. Only offspring were ever released.
I actually received that Queen of Hearts from a very well known grower that we're all familiar with and on his plant list it was listed Queen of hearts female. I got the plant as a rooted cutting.

There are a lot of well-known growers, without a name and ability to trace their receiving a piece directly from BE I would remain skeptical. Especially with the peristome folding back like that (QOH is rather famous for not doing that at all).

There are a lot of well-known growers, without a name and ability to trace their receiving a piece directly from BE I would remain skeptical. Especially with the peristome folding back like that (QOH is rather famous for not doing that at all).
I received the plant from Jeremiah Harris who is a very well trusted grower.

I received the plant from Jeremiah Harris who is a very well trusted grower.
You're right, Jeremiah is a very trustworthy grower, and if anyone outside of BE grows 'Queen of Hearts', it would be him. That said, I've never heard of BE even considering selling cuttings of her. I would imagine she's far more valuable when she's producing seed for tissue culture.

You're right, Jeremiah is a very trustworthy grower, and if anyone outside of BE grows 'Queen of Hearts', it would be him. That said, I've never heard of BE even considering selling cuttings of her. I would imagine she's far more valuable when she's producing seed for tissue culture.
I totally agree. I plan on doing some really great striped Veitchii hybrids with her once she flowers for me and I get pollen from my males to mix with her. I would love to mix Eddy or any kind of Hamata with her.

Just a thought, when the plants were first released I think they where sold as black truncate followed by the seed then pollen parent " black truncata queen of hearts x king of spades" being an example , I didn't think truncata was particularly good for cuttings , would be nice if you did have one of the original plants

Just a thought, when the plants were first released I think they where sold as black truncate followed by the seed then pollen parent " black truncata queen of hearts x king of spades" being an example , I didn't think truncata was particularly good for cuttings , would be nice if you did have one of the original plants
This Queen of Hearts I have there is a cutting from the Original Queen of Hearts and not from any of the seed grown released plants. I got the plant from Jeremiah Harris who is very well trusted and would have the original.

Having been able to ask Jeremiah, he confirmed he's had QOH before (though it shocks me that he's never posted photos as far as I can recall of it; plenty of photos of the offspring though), so this being the real thing I can accept as a possibility; I would still personally hold reservations though until it starts routinely making pitchers that really look like the Queen as a confusion with a better looking one of the offspring is not out of question even for the best of growers.
N. robcantleyi, truncata, nebularum (if you accept that one) etc. are not the greatest for cuttings, no, but only because they don't make nice vines that can be cut easily. Otherwise basals are still a thing with them and careful cutting can be done.

Just took some fresh pics of all my plants. These plants are all doing so well and love the daily misting I give them. I generally mist them a good few times a day or so as I can. I like to give them a regular rain storm so to speak as they all love that.
new greenhouse pics 001.JPG
new greenhouse pics 002.JPG
new greenhouse pics 003.JPG
new greenhouse pics 004.JPG
This is Drosera Regia Big Easy form
new greenhouse pics 005.JPG
new greenhouse pics 006.JPG
new greenhouse pics 007.JPGnew greenhouse pics 008.JPG
new greenhouse pics 009.JPG
new greenhouse pics 010.JPG
new greenhouse pics 011.JPG

new greenhouse pics 012.JPG
new greenhouse pics 013.JPGnew greenhouse pics 014.JPGnew greenhouse pics 015.JPG
new nepenthes pictures 001.JPG
new nepenthes pictures 002.JPG
new nepenthes pictures 003.JPG
The Queen of Hearts doing very well. She has another pitcher that is developing on her quite nicely and should be open in like a good week or so, probably like 2 weeks at the most when it fully develops.
new nepenthes pictures 004.JPG
new nepenthes pictures 005.JPG
new nepenthes pictures 006.JPG
new nepenthes pictures 007.JPG

new nepenthes pictures 008.JPGnew nepenthes pictures 009.JPG
new nepenthes pictures 010.JPG
new nepenthes pictures 011.JPG
new nepenthes pictures 012.JPG
This nepenthes Tenuis is a confirmed Female. I also have a male tenuis that I just received as a rooted cutting as well, but is alot smaller than this female here in the pics. Once the male one develops alot more, I'll take some really good pics of him and show him here.
new nepenthes pictures 013.JPG
new nepenthes pictures 014.JPG

You have gorgeous plants :love: What're the ID's on these two? And I love your happy cephalotus!
Thanks so much. The first one is Lowii x Veitchii x Burb, and the second one is Spectabilis x Talangensis x Truncata, both are rooted cuttings and are males. I cant wait for pollen from these two for sure. Oh and the biggest Cephalotus plants are two mature OG Blacks that I got off of Ebay. I need to put them under some even brighter lights to get them that darker color. I just got some new lights in from Amazon that once I get my shelf system up, I'll be placing them under. Monios-L LED T8's.

Took some nice new pics here. The Queen of hearts is making another nice new pitcher for me.
new greenhouse nepenthes pics with plants on shelves 003.JPG
Finally got my shelf system up and running. I took the table out of my indoor greenhouse so I could spread out all the neps to give them more room as they;re all getting quite large.
new greenhouse nepenthes pics with plants on shelves 004.JPG
new greenhouse nepenthes pics with plants on shelves 005.JPG
new greenhouse nepenthes pics with plants on shelves 006.JPG
new greenhouse nepenthes pics with plants on shelves 007.JPG
new greenhouse nepenthes pics with plants on shelves 008.JPG
new greenhouse nepenthes pics with plants on shelves 009.JPG
new greenhouse nepenthes pics with plants on shelves 010.JPG
new greenhouse nepenthes pics with plants on shelves 011.JPG

Just catching up on this thread. Everything looks so healthy! Thanks for sharing, looks great!

Back