What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too warm? How to lower it?

I'm getting my first nep soon (finally) and it's a ventricosa (or a hybrid with ventricosa, not sure, it's suppose to be ventricosa 'red form') and I was wondering if 70 degrees at night in my terrarium is fine for it, you know, since it's a Highlander and all that. Any ideas on how to make it go down a bit (only if the temperature is actually a tad too warm for it)? Also, a little off topic but would the night temp support my Drosera aliciae?

ventricosa can be treated as a low lander, the plant will be fine.

N. ventricosa and its hybrids do well for me in 78F-90F year round. :)

a ventricosa can be in a wide range of temps i am still waiting for mine to pithcer though):

It's fine.

DUDE YOU WORRY TOO MUCH!! haha I did the same when I first started growing carnivorous plants.
PK is right and to make a hybrid you need a male and female nepenthes in flower at the same time and I doubt that the plant you receive will be flowering size.
a ventricosa can be in a wide range of temps

see I told you the same thing in another thread you posted about ventricosa, don't worry it's a rather hardy species of nepenthes... so relax :sleepy:

I wanted aliciae but it was out of stock so I got spatulata instead.
and sorry I mistook you for someone else we have had alot of new people join lately and there have been alot of questions about ventricosa.

PK is right and to make a hybrid you need a male and female nepenthes in flower at the same time and I doubt that the plant you receive will be flowering size.

I think he meant the plant he is receiving is either a N. ventricosa OR a hybrid; not that he wanted to immediately cross it. N. ventricosa Red is a particular clone of N. ventricosa that is particularly red.

xvart.

Last edited:
Phew, a load off my back XD. Yes, I do already know how to make seeds, but I'm not going to bother getting two and hoping they're differemt genders. I still find it weird that they have genders :p.

Back