What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tolumnia x 'Pretty n Pink'

Hey Terraforums!

I havent posted in a loooong time, so there's some irony that my first posting after this long hiatus is in the orchid section. I've lost a lot of plants recently as I've dropped the ball on obsessing over them the way I use to. But when I move for grad school in August, I plan on building a grow-shelf, and will begin the hobby anew. Anyway! But tonight I wanted to show you this little girl- something I can't stop taking pictures of!!! As the title suggests, it is Tolumnia 'Pretty n Pink,' which I know almost nothing about. It's apparently very epiphytic, (which is shiny, since I've also gotten into Tillandsiae in a big way!), and that is pretty much the end of all I know. It is also very pretty, so, I guess that's two things I know, lol.

I hope you liked it!
Thank you for looking :)
Cj

Good to see another previous member rejoin. Welcome back! That plant seems to like you.

Those are some neat flowers, they somehow remind me of Oncidium 'Sharry Baby'. I was about to buy an orange/brown tolumnia, but I hesitated. Are they easy for you to take care of?

Are they easy for you to take care of?

I've only had this plant for a few months, so I wouldn't call myself an experienced grower. But it seems really easy. I keep it in my terrarium, with no pot. I mist it when I mist my Nepenthes, and every few days I'll dunk the whole plant into one of my aquaria for a more thorough watering. I want to mount it on something in the near future, but I haven't found an appropriate piece (or even any idea what I'd like to grow it on). The bottom line, I think, is grow it like a Tillandsia, so, that's what I'm doing!

Back