What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tokay gecko

i saw a sign in a pet shop once..............Tokay Geckos: You Catch $15, We Catch $30.........should give yah an idea on their attitude :grin:

if i had a greenhouse i would turn anoles and geckos loose in it.........course im not worriesd about them getting loose and establishing themselves......our winters are to dang harsh.........

I just saw a BIG anole yesterday on our deck, he was pretty cool. Those little critters are all over the place, I can't imagine someone buying one from a petstore lmao.

have you ever seen a king anole before?
those things get like 2 feet long and are about as mean as tegus.
And they both draw quite a bit of blood when they bite as well, probably because they do the whole croc twist.

Nope, never seen one that big. I'd run away. I like anoles because their facial expression always looks SO bored and apathetic.

We have Anolis carolinensis here. It's really cool to watch them bob their heads and puff their puff sack things. I pronounce it anol-ay like it's spanish. It's wrong but it sounds better to me.

yeah I pronounce it like Seminole, or An-ol
yeah they are all over the place and should be great for a greenhouse

when i was a kid my sister caught a huge anole and she made it open it's mouth and put it up to my face and it bit my nose! that sucker would not let go for anything i had to walk around for like 30 minutes with a giant green anole attached to my nose. when it finally did let go i had little teeth marks and the tip of my nose was bleeding ( my sister was so mean to me, of course being 6 years older than me i guess it was expected ) anyway its been an ongoing joke ever since i don't think it was a king anole tho. it probably just seemed huge to me cause i was like 6 lol. thought that might give somebody a laugh cause it makes me laugh everytime i think about it.

I've always heard Tokay Geckos are mean.

disco punctuation goes a long way it's hard to read long paragraphs when all the snetences blend together without any capital letters or breaks between sentences to let you know one has stopped and another has started i'm not trying to be mean just trying to be helpful

Lol, did you do that on purpose jrod? Where's your punctuation and capitalization?

Probably on purpose, but you spelled sentences wrong.

Back