What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

todays gas prices..............

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
Virtually every gallon of gas in South Florida comes into Port Everglades...Fort Lauderdale. I filled up yesterday...Premium $3.33 x 17 = $56.6. Man, that is a steak dinner, drinks and all the trimmings. What the Hey! I thought Nancy Pelosi was going to take care of this. :censor:

All Hail Queen Nancy!!

Save us from ourselves SanFran Nan!

She and her ilk give a new meaning to the term, Nanny-State........... :censor:

I have the perfect plan for getting rid of high gas prices. First we find a country with large oil reserves possibly in the Middle East. Then we trump up some charges and use them to justify the invasion and once we have toppled the regiem there we put in a "democratic" government that is friendly to the US and we can have all the oil we want. Wait......We already tried this didnt we never mind back to the drawing board. LOL

oh........

So this is where Rosie has gone to......

I knew that she'd get to the bottom of this.

Very interesting........

49.gif

dang, i thought $2.89 a gal was bad.

Here it's $2.99/gal if you're lucky. Most of the other ones are $3.05. A couple of places by my work are $2.99. I fear that it won't last. I'll have to grab some gas tomorrow.. even though my car has more than half a tank.

This is going off on a slight tangent, but I like this chart & table of state-by-state gasoline usage: http://www.energy.ca.gov/gasoline/statistics/gasoline_per_capita.html

I think the numbers are skewed by tourism, especially at the low end of the scale, since a tourist's gasoline consumption is attributed to the people who actually live there. But it's still kind of surprising. California ranks pretty low, which I didn't expect, while Montana & Delaware are pretty much identical. Probably the only way they are. Arizona's number might be so low because of all those retirees sitting at home. Or maybe because so many of them leave for the summer. Herds of minivans on their pilgrimage to the mouse probably drink enough gas to prevent us from seeing the same effect for Florida. But there's awfully little variation between what ought to be very different states. It looks like the people of Delaware have found a way to live almost as far from everything as the people of Montana. Way to go! The underlying problem can't be solved by increasing the supply/decreasing the cost of gasoline.

Anyone else notice that the gas prices went up right before Memorial Day weekend? That was totally planned. Lots of traveling is gonna be happening over the next couple days. Those sneaky little buggers. The smart ones kept it just below $3.00 cuz they knew it'd draw more people. At least there are hopes of the prices going down after Memorial Day.

Gas prices are not high enough to change people's driving habits thus far. People drive as much as they did when prices were much lower

No, driving habits are changing so that people use even more gasoline than when prices were lower. Records were set this year for the highest ever weekly gasoline consumption in the months of March & April. I won't be surprised if the same happened in May.

I just had to do this Rattler............:angel:

I believe in ending our dependence on foriegn oil. I think buying one of those tiny little Italian economy cars would will help me save gas. A black Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 will work for me.
Lamborghini.jpg

We could learn a lot from the Italians. The 1971 Alfa Romeo GTV I used to have got ~40 mpg on the highway. Maybe not quite Prius territory, but a Prius doesn't have the sweetest drive train ever assembled. I probably spent as much time tinkering with it as I spent driving it, but that helps reduce petroleum dependency even further because tinkering used very little if any gas.

Wow.. I am not one to oogle at cars all the time.. but that thing is beautiful.

Oh god that's sexy.....

Venuto generare, voi macchina bella.....

Yeah, little foreign cars are nice but I prefer something more my style...

And somthin' that'll fit a lot of chicks into it......

A sweet 'lil honey that's a real gas-sipper...... :-))

1955%20cadillac%2077%20chevy%20sekulich%20160.jpg

(I'd LOVE to own a restored '55 Coupe de Ville.)
drooling2.gif

Sign me up for one of those Italian imports please as I would like to use less gas also.

Seriously though the major oil companies are going to continue to charge high prices as long as we pay them. Try to reduce your gas consumption and that will be the only way to help lower prices a little.

Fryster- There was no need to deride me when I had done nothing to you. If you feel the need to insult someone please take your comments else where.

You know what's weird?

That we pay for bottled WATER from the stores and we never give it a second thought to complain about the price of it.

I think paying hard earned money for something so silly as bottled WATER is even worse than the current gasoline prices.

:rant: Actually, a HUGE chunk of change per gallon of gas is turned over to state governments. It's the gasoline tax that is really socking it to us. During this fuel "crisis", why doesn't the state govs give us little guys a break??

I mean, they don't explore for the oil, they don't drill & retrieve the oil, they don't refine and transport the oil and the don't manage, advertise and sell the product!! Some people cry on about crazy conspiracies concerning 'Big Oil'...... What about Big Government?? Big Gov takes none of the risks, does none of the work and yet skims in a freakin' HUGE amount of dough from those who do (and did).

I'm tired of being taxed at every turn. The gas pump is only one more blow against our financial independence.

Okay, I'm done with the soapbox................. ;)

I_will_not_submit02.jpg

Actully I like many I know will not purchase bottled water as I can get the same if not better water out of my tap. I choose not to purchase it. So far I have not been offered a viable alturnative to using gas.

And if you dont want to pay the taxes on gas that is fine, you just cant use any public roads so your going to need to buy a narrow strip of land all the way to every destination you need to get too. I imagine this would add up to be much more expensive than the ~20 per gallon that goes to the MI govt.

And who is it that you will not surrender/submit to? Taxes? The Govt? Big Oil? Bottled Water?

Lol, have you guys seen the water with colloidal silver dissolved in it? Lol this is why the world hates America, because we drink silver water and champagne with gold flakes in it. Well part of the reason anyway lol.

I would like to know why the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Guam don't get representation in congress.

Back