What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tiny tric collection

mycacti.jpg

front to rear

Trichocereus pachanoi (possibly a pseudo-Backeberg clone?)

Trichocereus peruvianus

Trichocereus bridgesii f. monstrosus clone "B"

Trichocereus "peruvianus", this is one of the pseudo peruvians that have flooded the market, more likely a T. cuzoensis variant... caveat emptor,
peruvianus do not have swelling at the base of the spines and spine color is also incorrect.
my first tric purchase... fool me once ey ;)

not pictured
Trichocereus sp. SS02 (probably a distinct T. bridgesii variant)
Trichocereus bridgesii f. monstrosus clone "A"
Trichocereus bridgesii (standard form)

eye candy of Michael Smith's collection

See, I guess this is what my mom says "it's boring to collect plants that all look the same"... they look the same except for a little height and no needles/needles! Ahh!

Well, good luck anyways... I'll just try to picture those as Sundews lol. How old are they?

See, I guess this is what my mom says "it's boring to collect plants that all look the same"... they look the same except for a little height and no needles/needles! Ahh!

Well, good luck anyways... I'll just try to picture those as Sundews lol. How old are they?

I always liked collecting the odd ball stuff LOL

after they get a little age behind them, some can grow more then a foot a year (peruvianus)

Av

Nice specimens! I like San Pedro the best, since it isn't covered with big needles :)

Well the bridgessi f. monstrosus probably has even less spines... and due to its appearance is commonly known as the "penis cactus"

(let the jokes begin LOL)

408px-Penis_Plant.jpg

(let the jokes begin LOL)
That one in the photo looked like it still had some spines left on it... the prick...

-J.P.

p.s. just as a clerical note I meant the cactus :jester:

mae west ... is that a T. bridgessii f. monstrosus in your pocket or are you just happy to see me LOL

It's not easy being green... :D

:-))

awsome post!!! i'll be back with my own jokes... :-))

I wish mine could photosynthesize...

what-it's not supposed to be green???

hmm...they seem to be comparing sizes....havent seen that since...a while... :-))

Back