What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timlapse: D. spatulata x capensis

New video:

Drosera spatulata x capensis In Action

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VqaOwUv0NX8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another attempt at timelapsing. This was with a new lens, so largely experimental, and I caught a few things I could definitely improve on.

Shot with a Canon T1i, lens was a Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM. Used a TI-83+ as a ghetto intervalometer.

Music is Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata."

Very cool! How long was the original time lapse?

It was just short of 600 pictures shot over about an hour and a half.

"Help meeeeeee....."

Nice!

I am a fan of your timelapse's! They get better every time! Good job reaper!

Very awesome dude! I should figure out how to do this one of these days and buy one of them there fancy calcumalators.

Thanks, everyone.

Brie, you can use a TI-82 as well, as far as I know, and you can get a used one off ebay for $19.95. Probably cheaper if you shop around. Just make sure you get it with the link cable. You totally should do it, too, whenever you can. I'd love to see the stuff you can pull off with an intervalometer.

Very cool!!!

Thanks, jpappy.

I forgot to mention something. Note that they adjacent leaves also reacted. Mmmm, very interesting. ;p

Back