What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to return the favor.

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
Hello folks.  I was fortunate enough to receive some seeds for SASE last year sometime from a few people.  So its time to return the favor with plants.  I have in 3" pots

23 pots of D. Capensis Typ - 2/4 plants per pot
4 D. capensis Albino - 2/4 plants per pot
6 D. Capillaris - 2/4 plants per pot
5 D. adelae - ONE plant per pot

The D. capensis Typ plants are still very small I left them over crowded in a compot too long, but I need the room too.  So just keep that in mind when you see them.  I can send pictures if you like.

Shipping will be $4.00 in the US.  If your not in the US (and it is legal to ship) then we will need to work shipping out.  Please make replies in the thread.  As that is what will determine the order and let others know what is left.

My Adelae is in spike now.  Once it flowers I will be pollinating.  Extra seeds will be posted at the appropriate time.

Enjoy and have fun.

Good luck with that D. adelae..I have not heard of too many people getting seed. I did it once a decade ago, but it just happened-I did no pollination myself.

Cheers,

Joe

Hey Josh. I'd love to take an adelae. How big are they? Thanks.

-D. Lybrand

D they are realtively small still.  Between the size of a nickle to a quarter still.  Some better than others they came up from root cuttings and were transplanted about a month ago now. Pm me an email and I will take a pic for you.

Thanks Joe for the words of encoragement! I didn;t know if it was self fertile or not. Its worth a shot. If I get no seeds oh well have to wait to do a cross then. Then again it might be a situation where the pollin doesn't mature as fast as the other so best to wait a bit before pollinataing. I heard Gongora were like that and I had a succesful pollination last year with that so wish me luck again.
smilie4.gif

smile_l_32.gif
 I didn't think these plants would be sitting here this long.  I guess everyone has some of these already.  LOL

dlybrand The Adelea plants are steadily growing. Covered in dew. If your still interested PM me.

JB, I'd take one of whatever you were offering. Surprise me. Give me your address and I'll send you a money order. Just FYI, the last frost date here is 5/15. April

20 pots of D. Capensis Typ - 2/4 plants per pot
2 D. capensis Albino - 2/4 plants per pot
2 D. Capillaris - 2/4 plants per pot
1 D. adelae - ONE plant per pot

This is what I have left so far and not spoken for. I am trying to pay at ford for those folks that were kind enough to send me seeds for SASE. So don't be shy. If your a newbie or just don't have any of these let me know.

ok everything is spoken for. those that have been contacting me through PMs I will be getting those together and mailing them out Tues, unless things are still being worked out.

Hi JB,

I got my plants today.
Did you ever see that scene in the beginning of Ace Ventura Pet Detective. Where he is disguised as a UPS guy with the box being beat up everywhere.
Well that is kinda of what happened here.
I opened up a box with dirt all over it. I think they drop kicked it from your place to mine. I found a few of the growths and I have tried to replant them but I have no idea which ones are which. Or if they will survive.
I am still very grateful for the plants I am just disappointed it was deliveried by the US soccer team on not the postal service. Wish me luck.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Same here.
Lucky that I have a good eye vision to see tiny plants in a soil
smile.gif

Thanks anyway.

Well Darn.  I will ship out new plantsw bare root in paper towels.  I told everyone the plants were small and seedlings.  I have never shipped Dews before this was the first time for me.  I was afraid something like that would happen.  Hold tight guys.  I will reship some new plants bare root on monday.  I live and learn.  Sorry about that.  I shipped a large orchids in a box that said this side up and it got there fine with flower spike in tact.  I was just afraid that doing them bare root would kill the small plant.  I will make it up to you all and I learned from my mistake.  Sorry again.

It's only a first time:) Try and learn:) That's what learning is like:) By the way, I don't need another dews, since they are not dead during shipment
smile.gif

Good luck next time
smile.gif
~~~

Thanks for understanding.  I am still new at these guys and if anyone's plants didn't make it let me know I will reship bare root.  On me.  Just say the word.

I feel so bad for this situation.  
smile_h_32.gif
 I should have known that was going to happen.  Rest assured I learned my lesson and please accept my appologies everyone!!  I am dead serious if you are unhappy let me know and I will reship some new plants to you bareroot on me.  I would hate to have a bad shipper rep because of a newbie error.
smile_h_32.gif

I shipped out postage a little later than everyone else I think and was just wondering if you had received it? Thanks.

-D. Lybrand

Yup D I got it today. I will be bar-rooting your plants and sending them out to you on Mon or tues. I am working Sun night so if I am not dead tired from work I will get them packed and shipped out then.

Thanks a bunch! I be waitin' for 'em.

-D. Lybrand

Back