What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

three-tailed newt

2qvtu1d.jpg

:-D

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

no but seriously
http://oi42.tinypic.com/11rx8g7.jpg

My Rough Skinned Newts engaging in overzealous or perhaps over-ambiguous amplexus.
(2m 1f)

haha, my old "cash cow"!

Awesome! Reminds me of some Rough-skinned Newts in amplexus I found a couple years ago that looks liked they were going to drown the poor female:

They "glomped" her!

Awesome! Reminds me of some Rough-skinned Newts in amplexus I found a couple years ago that looks liked they were going to drown the poor female:

goodness! that is a great shot :D

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

haha, my old "cash cow"!

can you provide any details on breeding these?

my second male is actively persuing the two newts in amplexus, in an attempt to join the mating. The male in the pair is maintaining distance, yet I have seen the third attach himself to the females underside, thus 'eliminating' the requirement ("until he is done amplexing, and guide the female, if she is receptive, over the spermatazoe") of a receptive female.
Only in the event of a three newt group have i witnessed the female directly receiving his sperm. However, it is him I see trying to swim away from the additional advancing male, not her, and they are frequently engaging in amplexus without my knowledge.

Gotta love taricha granulosa! Haha we have them everywhere up here....

see!? dont understand why people are upset over the story of Newt's desire for an open marriage. totally natural Newt behavior! :lol:

What do you expect from a bunch of "newtists"!
:-D

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yS5aN9U2h3k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back