What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Think this guy'll make it into the pet trade?

• Thread starter jrod
  • Start date
  • Tags
    trade
It is a species of Atelopus (can not recall which right now.) I know someone here who has a batch of them. Has had them for about a year now actually. Only problem is they are all one sex. And I believe there is a second colony in Canada and IIRC theirs are also all one sex (the same sex as the ones here unfortunatly.)

Last edited:
not many of that genus in the hobby now................there are a few in the hobby but not many.....as Pyro said for some reason its fairly common for all of the same sex to be imported

Are they asexula or do they think that females may loo different or dead?

females generally look the same as the males. i am guessing that for what ever reason its just easier to find the males out in the open and maybe the females are generally hiding in cover

That frog is awesome. I want one. :banana2:

you would have to pay like 5000 dollars for it dude... if you could even convince them to sell it to you!

nah, if imports hit our shores it would more than likely be between $250 and $350 per frog

Females exist and are on the way from last report I had. Just might be a while as they have to be cleared for export and all that jazz. Then figuring out the breeding requirements... Then successfully rearing a clutch...

I figure 5 years before they really hit the market

Back