What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The world ends May 21st 2011 - for real this time!

Absolutely correct, to continue

"Even the son does not know, but only the father knoweth." From there the bible warns against trying to guess the date. They must have missed that whole thing.

Thank you for saying that!

It was all so anti-climactic. I was going to start a zombie walk at 6:25, but no dice.

I thought of that too, a zombie flash mob at cemeteries around the country would have been too awesome! :D

So, it appears my last supper will NOT be the steak fajitas tonight.???

I wasn't going to do my homework... sigh. :(

wont guess the date of an apocalypse but will say i wouldnt live on the west coast or Hawaii in 2036......granted you will know in 2029 just how bad of an idea it may or not live there for sure.....

Wait... what? Weren't you the one who made a forum post to warn us all that it WAS ending? Now you're acting like you knew all along that it wasn't? Clearly you learned nothing from that exercise.

No no no i was saying that He IS coming but i did not give a date did i? I'm not saying that i meant he was coming back today and didn't say it i was just saying that He IS and WILL come back very soon. I knew He wasn't coming today. Because the Bible says nobody in the entire UNIVERSE will know when God will come back except God himself. Do you understand now?

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

And obviously you didn't read it carefully because he didn't say it was going to happen today, nor did he specify any date.

Thank you finally someone understands me! Thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Absolutely correct, to continue

"Even the son does not know, but only the father knoweth." From there the bible warns against trying to guess the date. They must have missed that whole thing.

Yes they did miss the whole thing and have for YEARS! Probably many years to come also.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

So, it appears my last supper will NOT be the steak fajitas tonight.???

Nope. :)

Wait.. the rapture did indeed happen! But, the only person taken up was Harold Camping! He was the only one worthy, that self-righteous... Seriously, where is he?! Wonder if he'll just go into hiding for fear of his life now. Lots of people gave away their life savings, quit jobs, gave away their homes.

Wait.. the rapture did indeed happen! But, the only person taken up was Harold Camping! He was the only one worthy, that self-righteous... Seriously, where is he?! Wonder if he'll just go into hiding for fear of his life now. Lots of people gave away their life savings, quit jobs, gave away their homes.

That's probably what he will do go hide. Yes people did take this seriously. All you have to do is work those brain cells then maybe you wouldn't be so WRONG!

Last edited:
That's probably what he will do go hide. Yes people did take this seriously. All you have to do is work those brain cells then maybe you wouldn't be so STUPID!

That's a bit harsh. :crazy: :-))

It just gets me very frustrated to hear about people like Robert Fitzpatrick spending his $140,000 life savings to help advertise Harold Camping's self-serving (i.e. "financially convenient") "predictions" all over the NYC transit system...

My frustration stems not from the fact that his life is fiscally ruined (because, as eou suggests, he could have avoided this situation with some rational thought) but rather that he could have used his money to fund medical research... or given it to a humanitarian charity... or used it to build a school...

And instead, it gets blown on an utterly and predictably frivolous ad campaign...

Hmmm...
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/02/arkansas.falling.birds/
...an omen?

Man, there really are some :crazy: out there.

from the article: "Initial examinations of a few of the dead birds showed trauma. Whether or not this trauma was from the force of hitting the ground when they fell or from something that contacted them in the air, we don't know,"

That made me chuckle. I might expect to find "signs of trauma" if I saw a bird fall out of the sky. I know the big question is whether the trauma was there before or after their fateful landing...but I can't get over the image of a person seeing a bird fall, picking it up with one hand, then stroking their chin with the other saying "Hmm, possible signs of trauma...to the lab!"

*chuckle* As I opened up this thread I got a magnitude 3.6 earthquake on the other side of the bay (in San Francisco) a couple miles away.

The pastor that spread this current jibber is the same one who predicted the 1994 end. He's highly incredible in low creditability.

Six o'clock PDT came around -- and nothing! The same damn city; the same delusional guy on a leash, with a studded collar at the bread isle at Safeway on Market Street, walked by a guy in arse-less chaps.

Frankly, I''m a bit disappointed . . .

Six o'clock PDT came around -- and nothing! The same damn city; the same delusional guy on a leash, with a studded collar at the bread isle at Safeway on Market Street, walked by a guy in arse-less chaps.

Frankly, I''m a bit disappointed . . .

:-))
Oh David, you just made my night.

Back