What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The table saw is the law!

are there any blades , that have more teeth , and aren't as much, i would not waste my $'s on that blade .I know with some plastics they suggest turning the blade in reverse when you install it to make smoother cuts , if you try this be careful to keep the piece held firmly to the table, and go slow.

The manual says to only install the blade in the proper rotating position indicated on the blade so I don't want to try anything I'm not supposed to.

It just doesn't specify that the blade has to say "table saw" only that it has to be rated for 5400 RPM or higher and have the 5/8" arbor hole. Most blades I looked at today are 6000 - 10000 RPM some say table saw, miter and cross cut others just say miter and so on. I noticed the table saw blades are thicker/heavier than the others.

There are 10" blades on ebay for $12 - 30 but I didn't get the name/model # of the one I was looking at so I'll have to go back.

yea if your not comfortable dont turn in reverse:nono: ,i did it on my siding for my shed , but that was just vinyl so it was very thin, as compared to your PVC boards and such , just get as many teeth as possible , and personally i wouldnt pay more than 30 to 35 dollars,
you'll find one. i use this blade for all my plywood cuts , and when i need a nice clean cut, and its the one i used in reverse on the vinyl siding. I've never treated it with anything, and have had it for several years , it has been kept inside though and has never gotten wet, im sure there are much nicer ones out there , but this is a fairly nice blade , it'll do the trick for you, the PVC isnt going to dull the blade anyway. not for a long long time.
I'm not sure what i paid as I don't have the receipt anymore, but if it was 60 dollars it would not be here.LOL
dont get caught up in the hype Josh ie t-5::poke: , just buy something in the medium range price and quality , and you'll be happy

Last edited:
Thanks Jimmy where did you find that blade? A local toolshop? I went to Home Depot and all they have is carbide blades. I'm going to go to the giant Menards where I got the saw and look at their blade selection, IIRC they had one side of a whole aisle with just round saw blades. HD across the highway from me only has a dozen or so and nothing under $49.99 in the table saw area.

Lowes here in my area sells black and decker tools and blades.
If you cant find what your needing,I may be able to get you one of these and send it to you .
I would guess they still have this model in stock.

Thanks, I'll check Lowes, there's one here just a few towns over.

i went to lowes last evening , and am sorry to say the fire storm blade i have isnt there any more, they did have a couple 10" blades with 180 teeth they should do as well , there was one on sale for 10.99 cant think of the name , but still a reputable company actually a more popular brand than black n decker .
Later
got to work now

I picked up a new blade today 200 teeth $12.47 that's my kinda price!

I also got the saw assembled and ready for it's first cuts. Gotta take it back out to the garage and fire it up. I hope I fixed the blade tight enough! :D

The booklet made it appear far more intimidating to assemble than it really was. I left the wheels off cos it's very sturdy so I don't wanna take any risk of making it less so and it isn't gonna to be going anywhere unless someone steals it.

yup thats the deal i was hoping you could find
way to go swords!

Back