What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The greenbacks are coming!

• Thread starter dashman
  • Start date
So....

Anybody else stocking up on metals?

I collect old coins so am quite giddy at the moment. Wondering if there are any other numismatics out there.

I have a few gold coins in my safe but there ain't no way that I'm letting them go for numismatic value. :)

I've got my Rockefeller gold stacked to the ceiling of my Viro shelter. My Glenn Beck backpack of 2 weeks worth of astronaut food is on the way and I'll be getting some assault rifles for when the poor people and communists come for me like zombies! :D

Perhaps your interest in gold is not related to paranoid right-wing propaganda, that's just my prejudice due to working with them and hearing all about it for 12 hours a night.

LOL Swords! No, I have been collecting coins since before I knew what inflation meant. But now that I do, I have a new found appreciation for silver.

Gold is too expensive for me for the most part.

It's a bad time to invest in silver or gold mainly because they're at an all time high. Five or six years ago when silver was at $6 and gold at $350 an ounce was when you should've biten. Metals tend to sky rocket when the stock market slumps. I give them about six months and they'll fall back to their normal range.

wth are greenbacks ??
It's just one of many slang terms for US paper money like: dead presidents, bucks, bread, wampum, moolah...

No, but I'm considering changing out some dollars for other currencies. Trying to find a stable one where their central bank is looking to raise interest rates.

I don't know about you but this 600 billion thats being printed has me a little on edge.

Combating inflation is not that simple, if your really worried then take courses is technical analysis.

Back