What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The flowers are coming

I thought I'd post a few pictures of some of my developing flower buds.

h8UKiXM.jpg

I was excited when I saw the first flower bud appear a few weeks ago, but now there are two! I didn't think the plant was large enough even for one.

7drCnun.jpg

I just discovered this today. It's the first time I've gotten flowers from my D. adelae.

E6vQCaM.jpg

Now for some strangeness. This is a Sarracenia "Cateo". The large flower bud started growing in fall, but never got past the soil level. It's been sitting there ever since and now there are two new flower buds popping up next to it! The second one's a bit hard to see, right below it partially obscured by a piece of perlite.

UWtlyX9.jpg

Bonus picture: Four flowers from a single amaryllis bud. It only grew a couple inches tall as well.

Weird flower, but I'm glad I got to see it.

I just got my first CP flower buds ever. I've had this unidentified 'death cube' Sarracenia for about a year and a half. It didn't do anything last year, but this year, I started trimming away the dead tubes and saw the buds starting. There are about 9 now.

IMG_2004.jpg

Bonus picture: Four flowers from a single amaryllis bud. It only grew a couple inches tall as well.

The four flowers on a stem is standard in Amaryllis / Hippeastrum as far as I've seen. The 2" is a little on the small side though, use the Man ruler. :-D

A few more Darlingtonia buds for your delectation. A small sample of what's to come.

26108406426_212c04f8a7_o.jpg

Last edited:
I've never seen 4 flowers from a single bud before, they've always produced 2 for me.

Always nice to see more Darlingtonia flowers. Mine's growing fast and I'm curious if it will beat my flavas to be the first flower to open among the temperate plants.

Back