What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THANK YOU!

• Thread starter carolatcj
  • Start date
FABULOUS.png

Can we get an update of how much money was raised from the auction and what the funds will be used for? I think last year a plot of land was bought?

Can we get an update of how much money was raised from the auction and what the funds will be used for? I think last year a plot of land was bought?
I will have a net total when all payments have been made and PayPal fees subtracted. We have acquired several pieces of land recently, and we will be using some NASC funds for upkeep on those. We also keep money in reserve for projects that come up.

In arranging shipping of one of my wins I realized that my win from @BJTS was provided by www.blackjungle.com Big thanks to them for showing up and donating some plants! Maybe head over and give them some support. :)
Were there any other vendors that donated to the auction? If so, call them out. They deserve some thanks!

Unrelated side note:
I had arranged for a manufacture to donate some supplies related to purified water, but since they didn't follow though they get no shout out and I give them an angry face. :mad:

Hey all, I threw together a quick python script to get some statistics for the auction.

There were a total of 154 items donated for a total of $4,324. The median action price was $21.50.
The item which raised the most money was almightydolla's Carolina rubricorpora which raised $150.
The item with the most replies was bluemax's Pinguicula "Max", with 21 replies.
The item with the most views was bluemax's Drosera squamosa tubers, with 752 views.
There were 25 different people who ended up donating items to the auction and 61 different people who ended up purchasing items.

And, last but not least, the single biggest contributor to the auction was...
In third place is branurenner, for $275.
In second place is thez_yo, for $1131.
And first place is almightydolla, for $1336!

Seriously, that's insane. Two people donated over a thousand dollars worth of plants. Thanks to everyone who participated!

Last edited:
Hey all, I threw together a quick python script to get some statistics for the auction.

There were a total of 154 items donated for a total of $4,324. The median action price was $21.50.
The item which raised the most money was almightydolla's Carolina rubricorpora which raised $150.
The item with the most views was bluemax's Drosera squamosa tubers, with 752 views.
There were 25 different people who ended up donating items to the auction and 61 different people who ended up purchasing items.

Seriously, that's insane. Two people donated over a thousand dollars worth of plants. Thanks to everyone who participated!
Thank you...After Paypal fees our net was $4726.16, which included 23 tee shirts totaling $360.

Last edited:

Wow, great job everyone! Thanks Collin for throwing the stats together. Did you forget or decide to not total the biggest spenders? I thought that was a stat we've shown before too but maybe not. :p

Did you forget or decide to not total the biggest spenders?
lol, I opted to exclude that. But, since you asked, ________ was the biggest spender at $421.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, I opted to exclude that. But, since you asked, ________ was the biggest spender at $421.
Don't give it just because I asked. :p

Hmmm... It seems my post was last edited by a moderator... Something fishy is going on here...

At this point I don't know if I could share it if I wanted to! 😂

In arranging shipping of one of my wins I realized that my win from @BJTS was provided by www.blackjungle.com Big thanks to them for showing up and donating some plants! Maybe head over and give them some support.
Were there any other vendors that donated to the auction? If so, call them out. They deserve some thanks!
Unrelated side note:
I had arranged for a manufacture to donate some supplies related to purified water, but since they didn't follow though they get no shout out and I give them an angry face.
BlackJungle is great, I've ordered from them before.
And LOL, the angry face you're sticking to that manufacture!
That's some great info you put together! Thanks for posting that collin!
Thank you...After Paypal fees our net was $4726.16, which included 23 tee shirts totaling $360.
That's fantastic! I love this auction, the people who take part in it, and the cause that it's for!

Clearly I should have put more stuff up if I only made second place!!

Clearly I should have put more stuff up if I only made second place!!
Well, how much did you say you just raised for them through ebay charity? Just claim that together with your TF donations and you win!

Back