What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

Just to remind that next Saturday, Dec. 9 is our monthly get together at the Moon and Sixpence. A quaint and comfortable atmosphere for some fun with carnivorous plants.

And here is your monthly reminder that next Sat., Jan. 13, will be our next meeting of the Portland area carnivorous plant group. Bring your amazing and showy plants to show or your extras to trade or give away and spend a late afternoon/early evening with us. Directions are on the first post of this thread and the time is 3:00 PM, as always. If you come hungry or thirsty the friendly employees of the pub can help you out.

Cool enough, looks like me and a friend will "crash" your 1/13 meet. I hope there's more parking down there than up here!. I also hope that there may be a few ping lovers, some of my children are old enough to go out on their own, nothing really special (just to me). Thanks

Cool enough, looks like me and a friend will "crash" your 1/13 meet. I hope there's more parking down there than up here!. I also hope that there may be a few ping lovers, some of my children are old enough to go out on their own, nothing really special (just to me). Thanks

Parking's not too bad. There's a free parking lot directly across the road from the door that generally has space, but if that's full you can park in the residential area a block north.

Excellent, I was just kidding about parking. Parking in Seattle is a limited resource, looking forward to Saturday and some good food like mum used to make. Seem like it's deep into dormancy up here (as quiet as newly fallen snow). Maybe I'll hear something soon for the zoka meet up here!, Thanks

Parking's pretty awful here too, at least downtown. Luckily the pub isn't downtown.

Excellent, I was just kidding about parking. Parking in Seattle is a limited resource, looking forward to Saturday and some good food like mum used to make. Seem like it's deep into dormancy up here (as quiet as newly fallen snow). Maybe I'll hear something soon for the zoka meet up here!, Thanks

Zoka is happening. It’s already up on out FB page but I’ll do it here too. Basically you can count on 3rd Saturdays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So - it is that time of month again where I announce that we are doing the February meeting at the Moon and Sixpence a week from today. That's Saturday, February 10 at 3:00 PM. For directions see here: Meet Location, Day, and Time

'Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
That month sure went by quickly...

So here we are in March and the next Portland area meeting is next weekend - Saturday, March 10. We have been asked by our hosts to try to keep down the number of tables we take up with our plants so I would suggest you bring what you want to show but be conscious of the surface area that will require.

See you there.

And now it is April and the second Saturday of the month is almost upon us. We will be meeting at the same time and place (see the sticky posted on the Portland CP group forum) this Saturday, April 14. All are welcome. 'Hope to see you there!

Seems time has slipped by quickly since the last meet! Here is a late reminder that this Saturday is the May meetup.

:-D The weather is supposed to be nice enough for us to sit outside, so I will be hosting my annual "adopt a sarracenia" event with a couple trays worth of plants free to good homes. I will have some Drosera filiformis for giveaway as well.

A reminder that the Portland Area CP group will be having our meeting this upcoming Saturday, June 9 at the Moon and Sixpence. Same time, same place. There is a rumor that there might be some desirable hybrid sundews up for grabs. We are getting to the time of the year where we can comfortably sit outside even if it does rain, that is under the cover of the roof out there. 'Hope to see you there!

Just a reminder that our August meeting will be this Saturday at the M and S (see the where and when thread in this forum if you are new.) I am planning on bringing photos from the recently attended 2018 ICPS Convention.

Just a notice that our December meeting will happen next Saturday, Dec. 8 at the Moon and Sixpence pub in the Hollywood district of Portland, OR. For more info see our standing meeting post here: Meet Location, Day, and Time 'Hope to see you there! :-D

And it is time to announce our January meeting on Saturday, Jan. 12 at the same place and time listed in the above post. There are almost guaranteed to be some choice plants to look at but who knows what will walk in the door?

A big change for the month of February! Our friends at the Moon and Sixpence, who have hosted us for the last 7 years (!) have let us know that they are planning to add live music to their Saturday schedule and that they can no longer spare the space for us. This was told kindly and with no hard feelings but it left us with a need to find a new venue for our get-togethers. Our own Raycer491 has taken on the job of spearheading our more-recent events and he has found us a new meeting spot just a few blocks from the M and S. It is the Columbia River Brewing Co. and they do welcome people under 21, despite asking for age verification of over 21 to enter their website http://www.columbiariverbrewpub.com/home/. Our February meeting is to be here and, tentatively, all those through May. Another change is that the day is changing from Saturday to Sunday. The next meeting is scheduled for Sunday, February 10 at 3:00 PM at the Columbia River Brewing Co. at 1728 NE 40th Ave Portland, Oregon. They may be contacted by phone at: 503 943-6157. We do encourage attendees to patronize our hosts so it is worth their while to have us there. I will post a later reminder the week before we next meet. 'Hope to see you there!

Thanks for the update and for all the thought and coordination. New year, new location, new date and time. Not sure if I can still make it, but will try. Such a fun group.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update and for all the thought and coordination. New year, new location, new date and time. Not sure if I can still make it, but will try. Such a fun group.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You, bet! We do have fun, don't we?

I hope to be there as well! Although I will miss those french fries...

Back