What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF meets Extreme Couponing

Hey TF,

Well over the passed five years I've been growing carnivorous plants, and participating regularly on the forum; however, I have had to decrease my cp hobby, in addition to my poison dart frog hobby, as I make my move into college life.

I would like to share with you my new hobby :D

Extreme Couponing. You may have seen it on tv, and might not have believed it to be possible. This hobby, like growing cps, is very rewarding. Although it might not be as intense as the tv show, who's complaining about saving money?. My average savings has been 65%+, with this week's average being at 85% (at TOPS), 89% savings (at Rite-Aid).

For more secrets about couponing and joining the circle I would recommend joining

www.afullcup.com

i don't mean to spam the forum, but offer something everyone can benefit from, especially college students who may be feeling the stress of paying back college loans etc.

one of my sample transactions included

AT TOPS
TOTAL BEFORE SAVINGS: $85.80
TOTAL SAVINGS $68.28
TAX PAID $.03
TOTAL COST OUT OF POCKET: $17.55 (80% savings)
4 crest toothpaste
6 pepsi 2liters
8 boxes of taco shells (10pk) stack n stuff
8 packages (8pk i believe) of ball park hot dogs
4 boxes (5pk)of chewy granola yogurt bars
30 items @ about $.67/item
Cheaper than the dollar store

A couple weeks ago the deal I got was edge shaving gels 7oz/skintimit shaving gels @$.42 each.

Next weeks deal I'm hoping to get some Prego pasta sauce jars for $.60 or so each. I'm kind of bummed that I missed the free pasta offer.

Not your everyday hobby, but it's definitely a fun one. If you enjoy looking for deals and bringing them down to 60+% off in addition to doing multiple calculations in your head this might be something to try.

(((Warning: haha this hobby has kept me up all night thinking about the sale, haha))):0o:

Does anyone else coupon?

I don't clip coupons cos I don't get the paper but I do print out coupons for shops I go to if I know I'll be spending $$ like the weekly 40 or 50% off one item at the Michael's Craft Store. No sense not getting "half" off when you can! I also buy in bulk or larger sizes when there are good sales on but I can't go too overboard like on that TV show with a basement of shelves full of food as I don't have room for storing a ton of stuff.

Also, did you know that having more than 7 days worth of food in your house makes you a potential terror suspect?

"We're from the NSA and we'd like to ask why you bought those 125 cans of franks and beans sir..."

:lol:

I don't clip coupons cos I don't get the paper but I do print out coupons for shops I go to if I know I'll be spending $$ like the weekly 40 or 50% off one item at the Michael's Craft Store. No sense not getting "half" off when you can! I also buy in bulk or larger sizes when there are good sales on but I can't go too overboard like on that TV show with a basement of shelves full of food as I don't have room for storing a ton of stuff.

Also, did you know that having more than 7 days worth of food in your house makes you a potential terror suspect?

"We're from the NSA and we'd like to ask why you bought those 125 cans of franks and beans sir..."

:lol:

Haha, well now terror suspect? No...I'm just stocking up for the apocalypse :mwahaha: I find it amazing how much some people have when I look through their stockpiles and it's like a mini-mart and they paid next to nothing.

Yeah, currently my stockpile isn't that large, although in the past two weeks it's taken over a portion of one of our rooms. When I'm at college I'll be shopping at our house and unloading all the things I bought that may be filling the dorm room. maybe I'll post a pic of my current pile. Oh wait, yeah I have soda on the basement steps, all those hot dogs in the freezer, and the stuff in the room....I guess it is slowly taking over

Back