What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

terrariums

hi, i wish if you, can show me some pics of your terrariums, because i want to make one, and i need some motivation,

see ya, perdon por si esta mal escrito, hasta pronto.
smilie4.gif

smile_k_ani_32.gif

Hola compa, hablas español!!!!!, me facinaria ayudarte pero mi camara digital es muy mala, dame un email alque pueda y te enviare varias fotos y direccion de paginas de terraios, de donde eres?, Saludos desde mexico!

BUTP Bump up this post!

This post is useless with out pics! XD cme on!

Not alot of us speak spanish, so you might want to stick to english if you want more of a response.

Also if you do a search, you will find all the information you need to make a perfect terrarium.

i have changed what it looks like now and all but a few plants are out of it and on a windowsill. now my sundews, a small vft, and a ping are in there in the ground(not in pots)

Orale they voy a mandar un mail....
Thanks glider14 i tink i c you terraium in other post.
i have some terraium pics, but they are not from me and they are hightclass made for years terraiums, i love c that kind of pics, but is so dificulty make a terraium looking like that, i tink is better c pick of comon ppl so u can stole ideas from them and ask them.... how u do that!
smile_m_32.gif
well see ya soon.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CopcarFC @ April 10 2006,10:08)]Not alot of us speak spanish, so you might want to stick to english if you want more of a response.

Also if you do a search, you will find all the information you need to make a perfect terrarium.
lol, you finally got that 'siete' as your signature! thats nice BTW!

I'll have to be mr lame and say hello in english cos I don't know any spanish except profanities!
smile_n_32.gif

Here is my small lowland/propagation chamber:
terrarium1.jpg

and here is my highland chamber:
highlandchamber2.jpg

I don't have a pic of my lowland showerstall terrarium at the moment  or my seedling chamber (the ones I took didn't come out)

glider, surely you know that the best place for a VFT is outside. If you insist on keeping it in a terrarium it shouldn't be planted in the soil, it needs to be removed for dormancy requirements.

dark phoenix nepenthes, Apesadumbrado si mi español es malo. Tengo cierto CP en terrarios, pero terrarios no tradicionales del CP. Tengo ranas adentro allí, y otras plantas. Mi idea es ir para una mirada ma's rainforest.

translation - Sorry if my Spanish is bad. I have some CP in terrariums, but not traditional CP terrariums. I have frogs in there, and other plants. My idea is to go for a rainforest look.

LOL, laugh at my Spanish if you must. At least I tried. I love the language.
Sundews and pings, and seedling nepenthes mainly is what I have in terrariums, but unless the light is good they won't do very well. Except for one Titan, it has done very well. It finally got too big and I had to remove it from the terrarium. Since then it has been able to catch tons more bugs and is getting even bigger. I didn't think that was possible! I wish I could take a picture of it now, but my camera is messed up.
This picture is of my tomato frog tank, not very impressive, but you asked for pics. I don't have a close up.
plantsfrogs009.jpg

hey wich frogs u have?, a friend is doind a terraium like that!, nice lokking terraiums ! all ppl!
smile.gif

back2eight, I grow a vft in my terrarium and it does just fine. As long as you remove it for dormancy, as you said, it'll be ok. That's like saying not to grow a mexican ping in a terrarium because it has a dormancy in winter.

-Ben

Cha, in that terrarium I have tomato frogs. I also have some poison dart frogs. Their tanks look a lot better.
smile.gif

Drosera36, I know what you are saying. I have done that with plants too. But he said he has it planted in the soil. So I got the impression that he left it in there year round. I have mexical pings in my tomato frog tank, but I give the whole tank a fairly dry season, so I don't have to remove the pings for that. They are doing very well in there.

thanks bro´s, thats pics inspired me to make my own, and dont worry by the idiom, my english realy socks, but im learnig,

nos vemos y gracias,

dart frogs! OMG thats cool but it is dangerous right?

Nope, only in the wild, since they eat a certain beetle/ant to get their poison.

-Ben

I Dont sudgest the Classic terrium, hears what mine looks like

2f833f03.jpg

And my VFT was an over winterd cutting... I plan on turing this into a Potted terrium. more room for sundews and then I have more room for neps upstairs!!
mad.gif

Cheers

Bah, VFT's are fine for years in a terraium without dormancy. I think a forum member is up to 3 years so far and his are doing fine.

oh, so i can have one.....what do you feed it?

You dont NEED to feed any of youre plants, they can get energy from Photosynthasizing, but they do benifit from The ocasional prey.

Cheers

Back