What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrarium question

I have a terrarium of CP.

it is better to have the Darlingtonia and Dionaea outside or inside the terrarium??
I also have a pitcher and a sundew this plans can be inside of the terrarium????

What is CV?

Put them outside.

I have no idea what a pitcher is. Heliamphora? Sarracenia? Darlingtonia? Cephalotus? Nepenthes? I'm going to assume you mean Sarracenia, and if you do put it outside.

As for the Drosera, I dunno. Depends on which one and how much experience you have and if you're willing to kill it for science and buy another one :)

I doubt he'll kill it, I mean, mine certainly isn't DYING, just not thriving.

Like I said it depends on the species. If I said "put it in full sun" and it was an already etoliated D. adelae, poof.

Speaking of which I'm slowly acclimating a big pot of it into full sun. Do as I say, not as I do :)

Pitcher plants, VFT's, and Darlingtonia really do best when outside. Sundews do very well on window sills. Which sundew do you have?

Back